Best landowner yet

team tractor

Last night I picked my daughter up to do the rounds with a few presents for the farmers that have become friends I’d say now.

i got my daughter to stand in the door way with a bottle of brandy behind her back and knock the door. He spotted her and shouted to wait a minute.

he opened the door with a tub of celebrations :) and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as she showed him the brandy. I’m very lucky to have this shoot as loads ask but are refused. 

I hung a door for him 7 years ago for a builder and they’ve become like grandparents to my kiddies and excellent friends. 

My daughter was so happy :):) .

7 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Well, they say you reap what you sow TT, your a very nice person, so people reciprocate. Have fun with your family this weekend.  

Cheers I will :) and watch your fingers on that saw mate. 

15 hours ago, Mice! said:

Happy farmer and happy daughter, sounds like an early Xmas present to me.

? ? ?? 

Makes life easy 

7 hours ago, clakk said:

Result Nath",there are no strangers just friends we,ve yet to meet":friends:

Never heard that before but it’s true :) .

Have over 20 farms and some ive been on for over 30 years so gotten quite close over the years.

Most give something back even after protesting that the gifts are for getting on the ground so started getting Mac to run over with the bottle and biscuits but it made things worse in that he usually gets a present too.

Doing our run on Saturday and very cheap shooting for sure.

3 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Have over 20 farms and some ive been on for over 30 years so gotten quite close over the years.

Most give something back even after protesting that the gifts are for getting on the ground so started getting Mac to run over with the bottle and biscuits but it made things worse in that he usually gets a present too.

Doing our run on Saturday and very cheap shooting for sure.

I have around 10 farms but really only shoot 3 regular and ones my best mate so he gets nothing lol. 

I don’t know how people cover that many regular unless you shoot every night ? I’m only allowed out once a week lol but she tells everyone I can go anytime but I’m scared ;) 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I assume you used your daughter as if you knock on doors a bucket of water comes from the upstairs? :yahoo:

They have a porch lol so I’m ok :) 

15 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’m only allowed out once a week lol but she tells everyone I can go anytime but I’m scared ;)  

Aaah, that old chestnut huh! 

I have the same, like tonight “ oh yes dear, of course you can go for a beer with Steve” followed by “ but didn’t you go last week and isn’t he on earlies tomorrow”

old adage of say one thing-mean another 

Just now, Jaymo said:

I have the same, like tonight “ oh yes dear, of course you can go for a beer with Steve” followed by “ but didn’t you go last week and isn’t he on earlies tomorrow”

I’m best man for my mate next year and she said “ so you’ll be out drinking all night ?” 

Well that’s the idea ???:) 

24 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I have around 10 farms but really only shoot 3 regular and ones my best mate so he gets nothing lol. 

I don’t know how people cover that many regular unless you shoot every night ? I’m only allowed out once a week lol but she tells everyone I can go anytime but I’m scared  

They have a porch lol so I’m ok  

Only shot 1 night in the last fortnight.

Been out plenty during the days though and all have their different species and qualities but they all are good for deer.5 ponds also so a lot of feeding during the winter and nothing is over shot.

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’m only allowed out once a week lol but she tells everyone I can go anytime but I’m scared ;) 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

4 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

Lost me on the relevance stakes with this one

Now does it make sense?