TV dual / simultaneous audio output

Bobba

My hearing ability is reducing. I now have two hearing aids. Without them my tv volume needs exceed those of Mrs B. (V caring and understanding lady). With them the TV is shrill or doesn't pick up the whispers and side comments in drama programmes. This is spoiling my viewing. (The AIDS have been adjusted twice). So, I am looking at ways of solving the problem.

Our TV is a two year old LG with two audio outputs. HP out and optical digital out. These are mutually exclusive in that it's either one or the other. The TV settings are at optical digital because we have a JVC Compact Soundbar. The Soundbar has no output features.

I wonder if one answer could be some sort of optical digital cable splitter with one feeding the Soundbar and the other some sort of Bluetooth transmitter thing (ideas please) which I could pair to a set of Bluetooth headphones for me while Mrs B listens to the Soundbar.

If any PW member is technologically gifted to say in detail how this would work i.e. What I would need to buy. Or, have an alternative solution to my problem your advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Bobba, I had the same problem, to connecting earphones to the tele. Fortunately we use a BT vision system where I have picked up audio output from the back of their box and connected to a Bluetooth gizmo from fleabay which works very well.

Steve.

Edited by Stour-boy
To make message clearer

This https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-TosLink-Digital-Optical-Splitter/dp/B002AL4XTG splits the optical - you could put your soundbar on one output and an optical bluetooth transmitter (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Digital-Optical-Wireless-transmitter1/dp/B01NAJC04A)

on the other output I think.  Note that I just found this by a quick search and may not be either the cheapest or the best, and I have not tried this myself.