UK Gun Repairs

wymberley

Guys,

For no other reason than the fact that my truck was due its motorway DPF cleaning run I had a recent shotgun purchase RFD to RFD delivered to Dennis and Co thus saving a trip into Exeter which can take just as long as whizzing up to Taunton (well, that's the excuse I used to 'er indoors). Obviously, down in this neck of the woods business takes takes second place to a cup of tea and a good old chin-wag. Consequently, I was there for most of the latter half of this afternoon chatting to Dennis - Brian is in Africa shooting something big at something even bigger. Apparently business is good. The gun sales are very much on the up and the repair work is keeping them hard at it with the need to employ another 'smith but with no success as yet in finding someone suitable. Dennis, on behalf of himself and Brian, has asked me if I'd pass on their sincere and heartfelt thanks to the PW membership. Since becoming 'a name' on PW, the Forum membership has played a key role in the increasing fortunes of UK Gun Repairs. They say it is always a pleasure when they discover that a potential customer remarks that they found out about you either on the Forum or has been recommended by someone else who is a member.

So, job done and my pleasure it was to do it.

When I was looking to buy a new rifle (Ruger .204) I got completely pee'd off searching the web and calling gun shops that claimed to be selling these only to find out that they would only order one in if I paid for it etc. Many didn't have moderators in stock and would send the rifle away to have one fitted, and some were just full of male-cow-poo in general. I'm amazed that any business can treat customers looking to spend a grand in this way and survive.

Then I found Dennis @ UK Gun Repairs. What a breath of fresh air ! Rifles on the rack. Moderators in stock, and fitted 'while you wait', and no BS.

It's a ruddy long drive from near Northampton, (about 160 miles each way) but it was worth it. I turned up with my 'scope, debit card, and FAC. I left with the rifle ready for the field, mod fitted, scope fitted, a couple of boxes of ammo to get properly zeroed in with, and a dent in the bank balance.

The rifle took 30 mins to get 'bang on' after the bore sighting they gave it, and killed it's first Charlie within 36 hours of purchase :)

The guys at UK Gun Repairs were a pleasure to do business with. I just wish they were 10 miles down the road from home and not so far away.

I found the company and Dennis in particular some years back. He did an excellent job on my CZ 452 WMR sock.

It was new, but marking easily and too short for me, so he stripped/refinished, and worked some magic on it, and fitted an extended shoulder pad.

WMRStock2a.jpg.1ea9f95cba1b82cd30b5f09bc87dfad3.jpgWMRStock3a.jpg.01d15ffd40a6951a7cfdbb9c0bf224de.jpgWMRStock4a.jpg.d56307a48d5f0a73e6af13b38995565d.jpg5ae316a29daac_WMRRifles003b.jpg.eefec6bc32a0b22f238b7371dedb3e86.jpg

Edited by Dekers

• 1 month later...
On 24/04/2018 at 20:12, wymberley said:

Guys,

For no other reason than the fact that my truck was due its motorway DPF cleaning run I had a recent shotgun purchase RFD to RFD delivered to Dennis and Co thus saving a trip into Exeter which can take just as long as whizzing up to Taunton (well, that's the excuse I used to 'er indoors). Obviously, down in this neck of the woods business takes takes second place to a cup of tea and a good old chin-wag. Consequently, I was there for most of the latter half of this afternoon chatting to Dennis - Brian is in Africa shooting something big at something even bigger. Apparently business is good. The gun sales are very much on the up and the repair work is keeping them hard at it with the need to employ another 'smith but with no success as yet in finding someone suitable. Dennis, on behalf of himself and Brian, has asked me if I'd pass on their sincere and heartfelt thanks to the PW membership. Since becoming 'a name' on PW, the Forum membership has played a key role in the increasing fortunes of UK Gun Repairs. They say it is always a pleasure when they discover that a potential customer remarks that they found out about you either on the Forum or has been recommended by someone else who is a member.

So, job done and my pleasure it was to do it.

A quick chat to Dennis to get an update on a couple of jobs that needed doing on the gun mentioned above revealed that the vacancy for a suitable 'smith also mentioned above has now been filled so a bit of a backlog that has built up will soon be cleared.