Haye VS Bellew

chrisjpainter

This has all the hallmarks of a fight trying to be bigger than it is. Really struggling to care about this one. Anyone got any opinions either way? I'm not sure it's going anywhere for either one of them, so i'm struggling to see the point of the fight other than money. No one in the heavyweight division's going to take either one seriously are they?

i don't know it was an exciting fight to watch, and that's what people want doesn't matter if its for a title they are 2 big names in world boxing   the 1st was a grudge match and there is even more of a grudge  in this one with haye losing, bellew admitted on camera  he's not heavyweight and is coming in lighter than the first fight for this one  and if he wins there is  talk of him fighting back at cruiserweight 

When the fight is over, I don't see a future big fight for either of them. Last hurrah before retiring. Neither is big enough to trouble Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Fury or Povetkin.

Biggish fight in terms of UK, but globally - won't even register.

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

When the fight is over, I don't see a future big fight for either of them. Last hurrah before retiring. Neither is big enough to trouble Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Fury or Povetkin.

Biggish fight in terms of UK, but globally - won't even register.

I agree they wouldn't trouble any of them but like I said bellew isn't going to fight at heavyweight after this anyway 

Another Meh fight for me and its all about the cash.

Hayes words the other day were,"if i win this fight the worlds my oyster",or it was possibly the HW division instead of World but either way hes still deluded.They are both immaterial on the big stage now but Eddie Hearn knows how to milk domestic fights so there will still be plenty that pay for this.

Haye has taken training way more serious and imo if his body holds up he takes this by KO although thought that the first time too.Very injury prone but the last thing they lose if the power.

Edited by sako751sg

9 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Another Meh fight for me and its all about the cash.

Hayes words the other day were,"if i win this fight the worlds my oyster",or it was possibly the HW division instead of World but either way hes still deluded.They are both immaterial on the big stage now but Eddie Hearn knows how to milk domestic fights so there will still be plenty that pay for this.

Haye has taken training way more serious and imo if his body holds up he takes this by KO although thought that the first time too.Very injury prone but the last thing they lose if the power.

that was hilarious when I watched the presser the other day :lol:

This for me shouldn't be a ppv fight if it even is? It's the kind of fight your happy to watch in the pub but pay for it :no: 

Must be the last swan song from Haye but if he wins well, surely he will make lots of noise about who he can beat and how much he wants AJ :unhappy:

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

This for me shouldn't be a ppv fight if it even is? It's the kind of fight your happy to watch in the pub but pay for it  

Must be the last swan song from Haye but if he wins well, surely he will make lots of noise about who he can beat and how much he wants AJ 

I pay for most fights but im listening to this as all streams are very poor.

No matter what happens now Haye needs to forget boxing.

7 minutes ago, washerboy said:

What next for bellew ? 

Do you think he is big enough and good enough to stay at heavyweight and trouble any world class fighters ? 

Cant see any real fights at HW for him and Cruiser is a pretty decent division just now and would struggle with most of the belts IMO.We shouldnt read much into tonights fight as Hayes body is clearly finished and to think these fights are actiually PPV are an absolute joke but people still pay for them.

Wouldnt worry if Bellews hangs them up and hes had a not too shabby career and surprised me in how far hes went.

5 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Jorge Linares

he fights next week, that will be a great fight 

Think Loma schools him to be honest.

GGG on early morning around 0400.

Should have been fighting Clenelo Alvaroids but he has been banned for 6 months after testing positive for Clen.

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

Loma is one I haven’t seen fight so you could be right. Will have a look on YouTube 

Hes a sublime work of art.

Started late in the pro game with his unbelievably outstanding amateur career but hes one of the best fighters the game has seen even with an early loss.

Should be the universal P4P King at the moment although the Ring has only got him at three but they are not worth the paper its written on now that Dela Hoya owns it.

Probably put the kiss of death on him and he loses now,lol.

Get some decent fights next week.  Warrington v Selby belter

I will watch this one with some interest, there is a good chance the winner will be fighting Frampton next. 

Carl Frampton remains on track for a world title fight at Windsor Park this summer after outpointing the dangerous Nonito Donaire at Belfast's SSE Arena.

The Northern Irishman is eyeing another shot at a featherweight crown, with WBO titlist Oscar Valdez on his radar as well as the winner of next month's fight between IBF beltholder Lee Selby and Josh Warrington.

And Frampton pushed his cause with a commanding display against former four-weight world champion Donaire, who gave his opponent a couple of scares but largely came off second best.

i was so unbothered about this fight i'd forgotten i'd even started this thread. apparently Bellew now wants either Andre Ward or Tyson Fury. He's saying he'd knock both out, but i can't see him winning either. He's not a true heavyweight and I think Ward is far too skilful for him, even if he is just coming out of retirement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44020949