Summer solstice - what a morning.

JDog

Out and about at 4am to greet the solstice I can never remember a morning on the 21st June of completely cloudless skies and unbroken sunshine. The clarity of the light is amazing as I write this at 6:30.

The Druids at Stonehenge must be delighted. Oh yes, and pigeons were on the peas before 5.

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Its a very cold wind up here today in southwest Scotland , but clear sky's. Soon be the dark nights again.

jesus......you are wishing your life away............you will be swishing about on yer ski's on the mountains next week..:lol:and complaining you had a bloody awful xmas..:crazy:

Gloriously hot with a glass-smooth Mediterranean on the Cote d'Azur, and, because it is the solstice, there is an evening of music and "danceuses exotiques" at the restaurant tonight.

The grand-daughters love it and join in.

5212018222810.jpg

5212018222359.jpg

Edited by amateur
Pics

Had the dogs on the field at 5.45 this morning quite cool with a little breeze. After spending so much time in Surrey I’m not used to the frozen north ? said to my wife by it’s cold on a night here isn’t it. 

Last night it was clear skies and still yellow sky on the horizon at 11pm, stunning skies with a moon in a half light sky xxx