Another chunky munty

Dunkield

1 hour ago, Dunkield said:

I am sure they will be there soon. They seem to spread pretty quickly and magically appear in other areas

??

Then magically disappears when your walking round looking for one. 

Edited by Dougy

11 hours ago, team tractor said:

That’s correct . I know I have loads but I can’t find them. The owner had 2 last week in his garden.

There easy to find, leave the gun at home just take the bins, they'll be everywhere 

23 hours ago, Dunkield said:

Had a nice early walk round my this morning and shot this chap up to no good. Would have had potential but I am afraid we can’t afford to leave them at the moment.

C030ACC5-E14D-4433-9EE4-E349DA0A36F9.jpeg

Why can't you afford to leave them?

38 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Why can't you afford to leave them?

We have too many at the moment and we need to get the numbers down where possible.

11 hours ago, team tractor said:

That’s correct . I know I have loads but I can’t find them. The owner had 2 last week in his garden.

‘Mine’ seem to focus on patches of grass alongside blocks of wood. In same way we can’t stop our dog from eating some grass (presumably very sweet) they are doing the same. The roe are hitting the maize but the muntjac don’t seem that interested in it. Not sure if that helps at all. Oh and evenings seem more productive than mornings at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Dunkield said:

We have too many at the moment and we need to get the numbers down where possible.

‘Mine’ seem to focus on patches of grass alongside blocks of wood. In same way we can’t stop our dog from eating some grass (presumably very sweet) they are doing the same. The roe are hitting the maize but the muntjac don’t seem that interested in it. Not sure if that helps at all. Oh and evenings seem more productive than mornings at the moment.

Cheers . We have apple trees that they seem to like too

1 hour ago, Dunkield said:

Our Buster/ lab will need milking soon the amount of grass he's eating.

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

Cheers . We have apple trees that they seem to like too

They will go for those TT. 

Bit like grass they like some apples much more than others, we have muntjac in the fields we walk our dog in, they come right past a dozen different apple trees to hit one specific type.

I keep meaning to take a picture of the apple so it can be ID'd

Apparently the mash left over from cider making is what they really go nuts for.

Food is so abundant on my patch, hence the size of the deer, baiting up doesn't really work even in winter.

4 hours ago, Dunkield said:

Bit like grass they like some apples much more than others, we have muntjac in the fields we walk our dog in, they come right past a dozen different apple trees to hit one specific type.

I keep meaning to take a picture of the apple so it can be ID'd

Apparently the mash left over from cider making is what they really go nuts for.

Food is so abundant on my patch, hence the size of the deer, baiting up doesn't really work even in winter.

cheers, i thought they were damaging a specific crop, can't think why they like the cider mash? Drunk angry deer, can't blame them you need ice in this weather.