Air Arms 3D printed magazines?

The Burpster

Has anyone with an AA S410 or 510 tried any of the 3D printed magazines from Vladimir in Czech (currently on eBay? ).....

i have some of his aluminium HW100 magazines and they are every bit as good as the originals if not better, so was wondering if anyone had yet splurged out on the AA plastic ones and if so what are they like? 

1 minute ago, The Burpster said:

Has anyone with an AA S410 or 510 tried any of the 3D printed magazines from Vladimir in Czech (currently on eBay? ).....

i have some of his aluminium HW100 magazines and they are every bit as good as the originals if not better, so was wondering if anyone had yet splurged out on the AA plastic ones and if so what are they like? 

Have you got a link to his website. If so, can you PM it please.

4 hours ago, ph5172 said:

I remember reading somewhere (on here maybe?) that someone had tried making them with a 3d printer but couldn't get them to function properly?

A lot depends on wha5 printing material you use. My mate has developed a few parts for us to use and whilst rough prints  to get an idea of how it looks/works are ok the final products are done on his proper printer that can introduce carbon fibre elements into the prin and varying degrees of reinforcement...... the quality from that machine is in another league to the cheap printer. (But then I would hope i5 would be as it cost as much as most small cars new! ?

So as they say about about other things, there are 3D printers and there are 3D printers! 

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:52, Jega said:

Heres a link to his e-bay page ,i've just ordered a couple of HW100 mags .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ladid50?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

Had mine about 3 years now  1 in red and 1 in blue aluminium. They are as reliable now in 2018 as they were then albeit a bit more expensive.

Its great to use for loading different pellet types for hunting and target cos it eliminates any confusion.

I have now ordered another 2 but 3D printed ones to see how they perform.

31 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Perhaps I'm taking this off sideways but haven't I heard about all sorts of clamping down on firearms and related items on 3D printing...Lords know how this could be enforced!

You can buy a factory made magazine without a licence, this is no different. There might be a move in the USA to restrict magazine capacity but as you say, enforcement is going to be impossible

16 hours ago, Dekers said:

Perhaps I'm taking this off sideways but haven't I heard about all sorts of clamping down on firearms and related items on 3D printing...Lords know how this could be enforced!

Finger in the dyke stuff - 3d printing is still in it's infancy but progressing at a terrific pace. All those that laugh at the crude 3d printed guns being talked about now are the same as the ones that poked fun of mobile phones the size of bricks, look at the size of a micro sd card compared with about a hundred floppy discs. 

Metal printers are already being used to make unbelievable parts for jet engines - this is already filtering down where metal printing is becoming cost effective in a small workshop. If I owned a small foundry making custom type parts I would be worried.

In ten years time something like a 3d printed Glock will be the weapon of choice for anyone who wants one.

https://newatlas.com/desktop-metal-3d-printing/50654/

Mobile phones are a damn sight more complicated than firearms. You could make a far stronger and more effective firearm with a milling machine and drill press, although I accept it takes less skill to download and print something than design/manufacture it.

Interesting link you posted, though. Still out of reach for DIY enthusiasts but as you say, it will be getting cheaper as time goes on.

Nicely balanced article here:

https://all3dp.com/3d-printed-gun-firearm-weapon-parts/

Edited by spandit