rotary machines

raider

I have owned two rotors, the first used a wiper motor and was very heavy and the battery only lasted a couple of hours. The Rotor-coy I currently have is fantasic the battery lasts all day (on a full charge) and the unit is VERY light.

I would highly recommend either the rotor-coy or the pinewood unit (which I think has better wing spreaders, but these can be purchased separatly and will fit straight onto the rotor-coy).

Both units are available from ############## so have a look. As BTMS said the unit has not let us down yet.

Mark.

I also had a cheap one with a wiper motor and that was heavy and the battery would only last 2-3 hours.I have recently bought a pinewood one from ############## and the difference(and weight!) is more than obvious!I would definitely recommend one of these machines as it often makes the difference.I also think is worth to invest a bit of extra money for long term practicality(and less weight to carry on the field!).

Hi Cranfield!

As you have seen I have just bought a Pinewood one myself.I am happy to see the comments of somebody who looks like has used that one for some time.It does look the best on the market.

PS:I definitely do not work for Deako or anybody else.It just happened that ############## sells the Pinewood onethat I wanted to buy!

I dont work for Deako either.

But I do work for the tax man, vat man, insurance company and local council; when theyve all had their bit, there is seldom anything left for me!

Who ever said be your own boss and be indepandant, was definateley a tax man!

webber

We have 12 Pinewood machines and 2 origional Pigeon Magnets. The Pinewoods are the best IMHO. We had some problems with the early models but they put them right with the Advantage. We use them 5-6 days a week in the spring/summer and have yet to get a problem with them.

Mark.

My mate had a pucker magnet, light weight and all that but £225 your having a laugh!! Just bought one for £120, it came with everything and works like a treat. Yesterday was as windy as it gets and it didn't move an inch and the battery was still going strong after 5 hours!!

If you want to know where I got it drop me an e-mail!!

well, it did show that photo, but strangely, its now disappeared! :P:lol:

It now shows a rather different machine :P

I guess the site owners must have looked in at exactly the same time as Oilseed Cleanser posted his link and realised they had posted a picture that didn't portray what they were selling?

Is it the same machine as the shootwarehouse one Oilseed?...I think you'll sell loads if it is. :D

I bought one from a guy who advertises in the Countrymans Weekly. Etheringtons are their name. It cost £60 + £10 P&P. Battery not included.

I bought it, and a 12v 17AMH battery seperately for not much cash.

The machine works well, and is well built, and not heavy. The battery still had in excess of 60% charge after 5 hours constant use.

Don't delay, get one today. They are great!

Cheers

Mark

With a second hand wiper motor, and a friendly engineer, you can make a rotor for around £30...I know, I had a few made a couple of years ago! :P

Mark E,

I've seen the rotors you refer to, and they're pretty good for the price, I think they trade under the name of 'AA Decoys'.

:P My first magnet was from Target Sports Of Bolton £135 and it is ****

1) The battery did not last long at all, allthough they said it would last all day

2) The adjustable height for the arms don't fit due to design error, plus it looks like a radar

3) The arms were finished in green Chalk, yes green chalk, that no longer existed after being transported 1 mile, as it had ended up all over the car seat.

I hope they have now changed their design!!!

I have painted the arms, and they're OK but the adjustable height is useless

Anyone else fallen into the same trap, I can see now why people are prepared to pay more for a reliable machine.