Nature at its best!

WeihrauchPower

I recently had a Possum spit some apple at me!

I also witnessed a bat fly into a friends coat hood and get stuck (much to my amusment) whilst out lamping a couple of years back!

Not to mention spotting a mouse in a corn field only 30 metres away that was seconds later taken away by a Buzzardat full dive!

Whilst out in the countryside hunters witness many things. Has anyone else witnessed any other amusing/amazing sights?

Yeah, once whilst walking back from a shoot, we crossed a small bridge and as I looked upstream to see some bloke - Naked, laying on the bank, "pulling his tool" :good:

When he saw that we'd seen him, He got up and ran off through some rape fields and out of sight. It was pi**ing down with rain and he never even had any clothes at all!

So yeah, Some pretty strange things happen out in the field :lol:

I`ve had a tawny owl swoop very close whilst calling foxes in pitch darkness and it was very eery to have something you haven`t heard flutter a few inches above your head :good: I also had a grey tree rat chatter and scream at me from 10 yards away, it only lasted 5-10 seconds as I had the shotgun with me :lol:

i had a snap shot at a pigeon from the hide which made quite a mess. i broke cover to clean the pattern up when a sparrow hawk came from nowhere and nearly took my face off. The hawk lossed out on dinner and my mucker had a right good old laugh, partly because i screamed like a girl and also because i was flat on mi a-rse :good:

Yeah, once whilst walking back from a shoot, we crossed a small bridge and as I looked upstream to see some bloke - Naked, laying on the bank, "pulling his tool" :blink:

When he saw that we'd seen him, He got up and ran off through some rape fields and out of sight. It was pi**ing down with rain and he never even had any clothes at all!

So yeah, Some pretty strange things happen out in the field :eh:

:blink: :good:;):lol:

I once was talking to a fisherman who told me he'd caught a 7 foot Pike...............he though it was great unitl I told him about the lantern I fished out of the river severn...with the candle still burning................

He called me a lying tw**...........so I said....................take 3 ft off that Pike................and I'll blow the candle out!!!! :blink:

I once was talking to a fisherman who told me he'd caught a 7 foot Pike...............he though it was great unitl I told him about the lantern I fished out of the river severn...with the candle still burning................

He called me a lying tw**...........so I said....................take 3 ft off that Pike................and I'll blow the candle out!!!! :blink:

:blink: :good:;)

I once had a grey squizza chatter at me from a few yards away also, more recently i've had owls swooping across me about 3' off the ground and 3' in front of me while i've been layed up with the bipod at dusk, so quiet them things.

About a month ago I saw a large bird of prey (dont know what it was - thats my dads territory) attacking a pigeon mid-flight above a wood.

And i've also had foxes / cubs sitting pretty much next to me when i've been camo'd up on the bipod - eye'ing up the same rabbits that I was!