Krieghoff...are they worth it?

Scully

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a fantastic looking gun what an absolute gem. You’ve got me scouring the web now for one would love to handle one and see if it fits in with my collection plans. Been hankering after investing in a really nice side by side but would definitely consider a 3200 if I come across one as nice as yours!

11 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Wow a fantastic looking gun what an absolute gem. You’ve got me scouring the web now for one would love to handle one and see if it fits in with my collection plans. Been hankering after investing in a really nice side by side but would definitely consider a 3200 if I come across one as nice as yours!

Thanks Wingman. It's worth searching as they're obviously out there somewhere. 

Side by sides are very nice but not very popular,  as an investment I can't see it being great longterm. As the older fellas die off there are not many younger game shots like them. 

You oy have to look at the prices you can get some for.

A nice over and under seems a better bet Wingman.

6 hours ago, figgy said:

Side by sides are very nice but not very popular,  as an investment I can't see it being great longterm. As the older fellas die off there are not many younger game shots like them. 

Bloody sad really. 

6 hours ago, figgy said:

But most new SBS are sold to the 35-45 age group!

56 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Very nice find hope it shoots as good as it looks 

enjoy your new toy 

all the best 

of 

Thankyou of. 👍

26 minutes ago, figgy said:

You managed a few shots yet Scully, looking forward to your shooting impressions of the 3200.

No. I could take it on rough shoot for a wander on my own, but would rather keep it as a dedicated clay gun as it's full and full, although I'll definitely be using it in the hide when the chance arises. I thought I'd pattern it first up at the farm and then take it to Southwaite on the 30th, see how I get on with 100 clays. Should be fun.  I'll post results on here.

As an aside, mate wants a run out to the new premises of Gilsan Guns, just off the A66 ( as you informed me figgy ) on Wednesday, and they have a 3200 Skeet model in according to GT, so will have a look at that also. I have no intention of buying ( no cabinet space left! ) but there's no harm in looking. 😉

Now scully that sounds about perfect a 3200 skeet version for the closer stuff and hide shooting then the 3200 full on gun for flight lines and a bit of DTL and those longer clays.

Ask to see the Gilsan Sports Miroku if he still has any in the shop waiting to go out, very nice engraving and wood come as  a single gun or a matched pair.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Now scully that sounds about perfect a 3200 skeet version for the closer stuff and hide shooting then the 3200 full on gun for flight lines and a bit of DTL and those longer clays.

Figgy

😃 Makes sense to me, but OH was sat in vehicle when I took a gun into Malmos' last week....and came out with two! 😂 

She says if I come back with another gun I have to spend the same amount on her; doubt Gilsans will take 50 quid for the skeet model, plus I'd have to buy yet another cabinet; I already have three! 

Just look at the guns in the cabinet and pick one to go. Nice to have a change of guns.

As for the honey diamond tax, tell your OH you haven't spent the money just placed into something you can enjoy for a time before liquidating your investment. Buying women things usually means it's gone for good.

Or say honey I bought you a gun too a nice skeet version now we can go shooting together.

I guess the answer to the Op is do you want one? Yes they are worth it as they will last you a lifetime, however if you don't like the looks then you will never shoot well with it. Years ago I bought a Winchester Select as i sold a Winchester 101 prior and always wanted another Winchester. However it turned out to be completely different in looks and feel and I could never shoot more than about 60% on any clay shoot. When the F3 was released I wanted one, I bought one and have never looked back. To the point where I will never part with it and it will have to be clawed out of my cold dead fingers.

There will always be the person who can beat you with an old Baikal side by side but the truth is they may beat you once, but they won't do it consistently. That is what guns of Kreighoff quality give you.

2 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

There will always be the person who can beat you with an old Baikal side by side but the truth is they may beat you once, but they won't do it consistently. That is what practice, practice and more practice will give you.

I fixed your last paragraph. 

6 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

I guess the answer to the Op is do you want one? Yes they are worth it as they will last you a lifetime, however if you don't like the looks then you will never shoot well with it. Years ago I bought a Winchester Select as i sold a Winchester 101 prior and always wanted another Winchester. However it turned out to be completely different in looks and feel and I could never shoot more than about 60% on any clay shoot. When the F3 was released I wanted one, I bought one and have never looked back. To the point where I will never part with it and it will have to be clawed out of my cold dead fingers.

There will always be the person who can beat you with an old Baikal side by side but the truth is they may beat you once, but they won't do it consistently. That is what guns of Kreighoff quality give you.

I quite agree, the Winchester Select and any 101 simply aren’t comparable; they are two completely different guns. I’m assuming the cost is only partly down to mechanicals and the rest down to wood, engraving etc. Some guns eminently handle better than others, but that in itself is no guarantee of greater success, that comes down to the individual and ultimately practise of good technique.  

But the answer is no, I don’t want one. As I explained, I doubt I could afford one anyhow, but having found a more preferable ( for me ) model, I’m no longer looking at Krieghoff. I’d still like a go with one though, just to see how they handle. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

I quite agree, the Winchester Select and any 101 simply aren’t comparable; they are two completely different guns. I’m assuming the cost is only partly down to mechanicals and the rest down to wood, engraving etc. Some guns eminently handle better than others, but that in itself is no guarantee of greater success, that comes down to the individual and ultimately practise of good technique.  

But the answer is no, I don’t want one. As I explained, I doubt I could afford one anyhow, but having found a more preferable ( for me ) model, I’m no longer looking at Krieghoff. I’d still like a go with one though, just to see how they handle. 🙂

I 'had a go' with one and hated it, however probably a couple of months of shooting one and I could probably shoot well with it. The one i tried was heavy and soaked up recoil, had lovely wood on it but just wasn't for me.