Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
knighty

hydrostatic test

    Recommended Posts

    Hi guys my cylinder is ready for a hydrostatic test does anyone know where i can get it tested without travelling too many miles i'm in stoke on trent,
    i know about clubsub in ashbank but he has proved to be very unreliable, any suggestions welcome.
    knighty

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Scuba dive clubs or somewhere that might use breathing aparatus, fire station? Just an idea.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    20 minutes ago, knighty said:

    Hi guys my cylinder is ready for a hydrostatic test does anyone know where i can get it tested without travelling too many miles i'm in stoke on trent,
    i know about clubsub in ashbank but he has proved to be very unreliable, any suggestions welcome.
    knighty

    Welcome back ;)

    As Haynes said, dive shops are the best bet if airgun clubs prove fruitless. Off the top of my head, I only know for sure about Clubsub. what happened with them in the past? Could have been a one off ball dropping by someone

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

    Welcome back ;)

    As Haynes said, dive shops are the best bet if airgun clubs prove fruitless. Off the top of my head, I only know for sure about Clubsub. what happened with them in the past? Could have been a one off ball dropping by someone

    the first and last time i used clubsub it took me 6 weeks to get my cylinder back that was around 4 years ago, after so long i thought things may have changed so asking a few local shooting lads about clubsub they are telling me nothing has changed one guy still waiting they have had his cylinder over 4 weeks, but it looks like the only place for miles from here to get a test, looks like i might have to travel out of town.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, haynes said:

    Scuba dive clubs or somewhere that might use breathing aparatus, fire station? Just an idea.

    Cheers dive shops are closing around here like wildfire only 1 i know of is clubsub and i will not be using them

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, knighty said:

    the first and last time i used clubsub it took me 6 weeks to get my cylinder back that was around 4 years ago, after so long i thought things may have changed so asking a few local shooting lads about clubsub they are telling me nothing has changed one guy still waiting they have had his cylinder over 4 weeks, but it looks like the only place for miles from here to get a test, looks like i might have to travel out of town.

    booo.

    Where do fellow clubbers go? Asking in your local shooting shop might pay dividends too?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, knighty said:

    Cheers dive shops are closing around here like wildfire only 1 i know of is clubsub and i will not be using them

    Where do you get your bottle filled? Do they not do tests?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Know your pain,same round here.  See pcp compressor thread in the air gun section.  Ok, bit of an outlay, but end of problem! Do you have any friends you could share the cost of purchasing one? How long do you intend shooting a pcp? If it’s s good few years, them it will pay for itself in no time. Bottles, with the hassle of testing and trips for filling have their days numbered imho. 

    T33

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

    booo.

    Where do fellow clubbers go? Asking in your local shooting shop might pay dividends too?

    i am not in a club i only hunt and my local gun shop send them to clubsub

    4 hours ago, Mice! said:

    Where do you get your bottle filled? Do they not do tests?

    the place i was filling my cylinder closed down, that is where i was getting it tested too, i have a 15L cylinder so go a while between fills it closed without me knowing.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Go on the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) website and "find a club near you". Then contact them to find out where they get their cylinders tested.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Not sure how accurate this is but I did read somewhere that they all go to one place for testing. Is the delay because they wait till they have enough to send in at once. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    it might be worth looking for a fire safety place, i used to get a bottle filled at one, they might do tests?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, Mice! said:

    Where do you get your bottle filled? Do they not do tests?

    the place i was filling my cylinder closed down, that is where i was getting it tested too, i have a 15L cylinder so go a while between fills it closed without me knowing.

     

    thanks for the suggestions guys i have got it sorted now at ScubaTeks Ltd in Telford very helpful guy on the phone

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    thanks for the help guys, i had a full test done on my cylinder today while i waited, by the time i found a cafe and had a breakfast  it was done,

    very helpful people and not too far from me https://scubateks.co.uk/

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, knighty said:

    thanks for the help guys, i had a full test done on my cylinder today while i waited, by the time i found a cafe and had a breakfast  it was done,

    very helpful people and not too far from me https://scubateks.co.uk/

    That's service for you! job's a good'un

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 08/01/2019 at 21:14, biketestace said:

    If you get anywhere near Derby, go to Spondon dive centre 👍

    Another one for these guys! 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Yes totally agree ,dropped off Monday ,back the following week certified ,bells whistles and full :good:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×