Nissan announcement and Government collusion

JRDS

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nissan is pulling out due to the falling demand of diesel, its as simple as that, another blame brexit non story. 

https://www.ft.com/content/7ef8e8b6-5202-11e8-b3ee-41e0209208ec

+ 1.....the government demonising diesel vehicles, the rediculous price of diesel fuel compared with petrol and the emissions requirements.......are the reasons,  **** all to do with Brexit!

Compared to recent years, car sales generally are declining, diesel sales are way down. Current production will continue at Sunderland so, it seems to me, that Nissan is moving production of a car that they won't sell too many of in the future ?

Bad news is because of Brexit - good news is in spite of  Brexit !

3 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Compared to recent years, car sales generally are declining, diesel sales are way down. Current production will continue at Sunderland so, it seems to me, that Nissan is moving production of a car that they won't sell too many of in the future ?

Bad news is because of Brexit - good news is in spite of  Brexit !

Absolutely correct.     A situation created by that shower in London.   

On 04/02/2019 at 15:46, krugerandsmith said:

Absolutely correct.     A situation created by that shower in London.   

Current production might stop, now Nissan have been told there will  be no more subsidies of taxpayer money getting handed over.68 million pounds  of tax payers money this year! Thats whats kept then in the UK so long.Surviving on subsidies and every time  they want more they threaten to pull out. 

Edited by Davyo

I'm still not convinced it's some kind of conspiracy. The X-Trail has never been much of a success and there's a lot of competition for customers in the segment of mainstream larger SUVs. And that's a segment which is itself only a small part of the overall SUV market and it's dominated by diesels.

Last year Nissan binned the Pulsar which is a car based on the Qashqai platform. It was made in their Spanish plant so Brexit wasn't to blame nor was it a conspiracy, it simply didn't sell very well, probably because it looked like a squashed Qashqai.

With petrol as much as 10p less per litre, diesel has lost the only advantage it ever had among private car buyers. Year on year figures show diesel sales down by over 20%, almost as bad as this time last year, and with the news that Nissan is developing - and Mazda is about to release - petrol engines with diesel economy and CO2 emissions but about 80% less NO2 (poisonous) emissions, diesel will hopefully start to go back 30 years and be confined to vehicles that need to be diesel such as tractors, JCBs and trucks.

Edited by Westward

Nissan have always had a knife to the Government's throat. Every time a new model is in the pipeline. The Government cave in and hand over millions.  I worked there for 14 years when I was young. It is a slave camp. Nobody I ever spoke to was happy there.

Very hard,fast and stressful work for only adequate pay. Non stop threats, short notice overtime,time off to be worked back on weekends. 

Offices full of baby Hitler's.

Look where the M.D. is now !

Finally been caught out.

It did keep a roof over our heads, so I wont go on too much. But it's always been a very political place. They like to tell people down South it's in poor old unemplyment blackspot Sunderland- Its not, it's in Washington.

Spin from day one ?