USA Retailer won't send a rifle stock

AndyCM

Hi Guys,

I just tried to buy a few supplies from Cabelas USA by mail order and just at the point of payment they tell me that they can't send my main item - a rifle stock (HS Precision for Remmy 700).

( I have not ordered any triggers, ammo, bullets, barrels or any other obviously difficult to ship parts)

Any ideas of a way round this or a supplier that will ship a stock ?

Cabela's price US$ 290 (+ shipping, tax, vat, admin and more tax) = CHEAP

Midway UK price £400 odd = RIP OFF

and at 2.05 dollars to the pound you can see why I want to buy state side.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

AndyCM

Andy,

On the email site there is an option to talk with a representative. You end up in a one on one site similar to msn. The rep. can answer your questions as to why they are saying they wont ship it....or you may be able to find out that it is allowed but a computer glitch.

Failing that have it purchased buy someone over here and they ship it on to you.

NTTF

Andy,

On the email site there is an option to talk with a representative. You end up in a one on one site similar to msn. The rep. can answer your questions as to why they are saying they wont ship it....or you may be able to find out that it is allowed but a computer glitch.

Failing that have it purchased buy someone over here and they ship it on to you.

NTTF

Hi NTTF,

I tried the chat route you suggested, they class stocks as gun parts and say they cannot ship out of the US.

Would a Canadian supplier be more accommodating ? Could you recommend any Canadian supplier I could try?

Cheers

AndyCM

I had a Remington VSSF stock sent over from the states. I beleive it is made by HS precision. It got stoped and I had to pay import tax but no problem with the legality of importing it.

Dave

Hi Devilishdave,

Could you let me know the supplier ? here or by pm.

Thanks

AndyCM

parcel2go.com used to do a forwarding service.

think it only cost a couple of quid a year, you get stuff sent to yourself at one of their depots and it just gets forwarded on to you

That's an excellent way round...go work that man! :good:

iv tryed in the passed but because its a gun part,they wont send it.

I know what you mean, used NatchezSS recently for an order and they classed a bipod as being a gun part and Sizing Wax as a substance which they couln't exort, whereas Cabelas & Sinclair shipped them no worries! :good:

An Export License is required for all Gun Part orders exceeding $100 (U.S.) and some companies consider a stock as a 'constituent part' of a firearm and my decline from exporting.

Pm me and I will try to assist behind the scenes so to speak - there are other suppliers and they may just be cheaper but whatever you will need an export licence and that will take from 30 days to 6 months to obtain.

M

parcel2go.com used to do a forwarding service.

think it only cost a couple of quid a year, you get stuff sent to yourself at one of their depots and it just gets forwarded on to you

I am afraid this will not normally work as US companies more so than the UK ones insist on only shipping to the address where the credit card is registered. To use a postal address you must have a US bank account that will telegraph a credit transfer - then it is a sensible way around the problem.

However if caught buying and having forwarded items out of the US that need an export licence (any item in excess of $100 for instance) you could well end up in jail as I understand under the US terrorist laws there is some sort of reciprocal arrangement with the UK for prosecution.

Nothing is ever easy when it come to the US - cheaper yes easy, NO !

I had a Remington VSSF stock sent over from the states. I beleive it is made by HS precision. It got stoped and I had to pay import tax but no problem with the legality of importing it.

Dave

Hi Devilishdave,

Could you let me know the supplier ? here or by pm.

Thanks

AndyCM

PM Sent