Lamping,foxing with terriers and rabbit shooting

tikkamark

Hello all just tought id post a few more pics from last week the first one is of the rabbits i got yesterday 16 in total with my hmr seen only a few so i tought it might not be a great spot but farmer said to me there was a serious amount of them as they were eating more grass than his sheep! :good: The further i went into this spot started to see a load of them picking off a few on the way :D i eventually reached a good high hill over looking a lot of gorse along a hedge about 120yrds away i slowly but surely got 14 rabbits from that spot one or two sitting right next to each other so whoever thinks the hmr is to loud these rabbits didnt seem to agree :good:

16rabbits.jpg

second pic is of a big dog fox i got out lamping with a mate last thursday night got four in total that night but this fella was really one that we wanted to get this last 2 years as he was taking lambs,chickens and all sorts so we went into this spot to the top of a hill and my mate spotted him lying out a fair distance out in the field so i got down put crosshair on him but he appeared very small so i waited about 5 mins with a bit of a stand off between us :good: then lucky for us a door of a house banged in the distance and the fox lept up and started to walk away i had to squeal to get him to look back but when he did i got x settled on his shoulder squeezed and foxy dropped like a sack of spuds took a good 2 seconds for thump to come back very reasuring sound :lol: he was 195yrds out bullet(american eagle 50grn)hit him spot on in shoulder :lol:

195yrds.jpg

3rd pic is me and my mates one of which frank knows fairly well,he has some excellent terriers and 2 great whippets in this pic one dog is in the hole with a dog fox cub very tight spot but we got him we got two on saturday with the dogs

digging.jpg

Excellent stuff Mark. :good:

Thanks for putting the pics up, glad you all had a great day, im looking faward to coming down september. :good: The whippets look well, they are related to the whippet i had, mother.

All the best, talk soon :good:

Frank.

great shooting m8 !!!! what make is your 17hmr would you recommend it .

same question really....how are you finding your marlin.

Steve

My marlin is a VERY accurate little gun getting 7mm groups with it very solid gun had a cz american before it but the marlin is a much nicer gun to shoot i got it because it was a bit heavier than the c.z i prefer a heavy gun because i can get more steady with it.I didnt mention it but i had another jam in the hmr with federal ammunition case split full length and would'nt come out that ended my days shooting :rolleyes: but im kind of lucky as 16 rabbits are heavy enough to carry :lol:

Nice pics. :lol: It's good to see a bit of terrier work on the forum as well. Mind you there may be a few comments by people which don't exactly approve. :rolleyes:

FM :no:

To be honest f.m i would be well able to answer to anyone who disapproved with the terrier work :no: they have there place in fox control to for getting those foxes that are to wary for lamp ??? and for my there is nothing more exciting to see a good terrier do its job when we get to the fox it is quickly and humainly dispatched no suffering for the fox whatsoever.

Great shooting Mark...

Nice to see the Terriers at work.. use a terrier man myself when i have a difficult fox..

Nice to see the bunnies... starting to come back in my area after years away

The Marlin is a nice gun, not gone on the action myself, bit heavy and clunky but very accurate..

good stuff :lol:

they some pats i can see being used? Would love to see some more pics of the terriers

The black terrier closest to the camera is a patterdale with a little fell through him its a VERY strong dog no holding back with him.I will put up more pics of the dogs in future could have took a few more that day but its fairly hectic stuff forgot to take a few more that day :rolleyes:

Nice pics. :good: It's good to see a bit of terrier work on the forum as well. Mind you there may be a few comments by people which don't exactly approve. :good:

FM :lol:

To be honest f.m i would be well able to answer to anyone who disapproved with the terrier work :yes: they have there place in fox control to for getting those foxes that are to wary for lamp :yes: and for my there is nothing more exciting to see a good terrier do its job when we get to the fox it is quickly and humainly dispatched no suffering for the fox whatsoever.

Good man. :good: