Shooting on Easter sunday

I know the time when I have shot Pigeons on Easter Sunday and every other day apart from Christmas day , now with having more time I no longer go shooting on that day , but to me it isn't really any difference from any other day , we still have the freedom to please our ourselves so it up to you .

If i didn’t have to work for a living it would be very nice to say I’m not shooting on Easter Sunday. Unfortunately society dictates otherwise . Most of us only get a fews days off a week or a month or a year, if youre not working and have no family commitments id say crack on. A lot of these Gentlemanly rules were created by people who didn’t have to work for a living. Much the same as not shooting Game on a Sunday...... for the working man, apart from the fact it’s illegal I see nothing wrong with walking up a few hedgerows for the pot on a Sunday afternoon during the season.

Its sad that shooting 500 driven pheasants on Thursday as long as you don’t shoot on a Sunday makes you a Gentleman, where as grafting all week and then taking a few for the pot on the one day you get off makes you a undesirable creature with no morals or etiquette! Strange old world.       

Edited by zipdog

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:01, Scotlandgh said:

Do you think it’s wrong to go shooting crows on Easter Sunday. I am all for it but my mate thinks the local villagers will have something to say

No we spend a lot on the sport and have hassle from the do gooders, if you have perm and its not illegal crack on and enjoy i am

do crows have a day of from eating eggs and crops