Falcon Heavy Rocket

figgy

Anyone else watched the launch and landing of the falcon heavy space rocket from Kennedy space center ?

Found it fascinating that they have cameras on board all the seperate components. so you can watch the boosters disengage then the central booster disengage and then all the boosters drop back and reignite and land on their pads. The central booster landed on a ship at sea.

On you tube another rocket is due to launch from Cape Kenaveral.

Edited by figgy

Some amazing footage, I was at the Kennedy Space Center last year and they had one of the central booster bits on display, very impressive as it had all the burn marks etc still on it, and it’s big. 

If anyone is going to Florida I would recommend a visit to the Space Center, it has some amazing stuff there. 

2 hours ago, hedge said:

I've got the ISS app on my phone and you get alerts for all of the launches.

You can also log on at any time to get a very relaxing view of the earth from the ISS live feed.

Screenshot_20190503-085202.png

I am go in to get that right now. 

Edit: what one there seems to be loads. 

Thanks 

Edited by rimfire4969

I was working over there in 1981 and went to watch the first shuttle launch. Fast forward to 2014 and I met Musk once in Teslas office in Fremont cal. Quite a visionary type even if you do not agree with his methods he is moving mankind forward, for good or bad?????

BB