Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
team tractor

Growing your own

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Home grown strawberries 👌👍

She’s had around 30 this year slugs have had around 30 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it. My 3 year old grand son helped pick strawberries yesterday, they never got to the kitchen, all eaten as he went. He then found the little wild strawberries , same fate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, when i was your daughters age so many years ago now :rolleyes: we use to visit my grand parents on my fathers side and him being a retired gardener for some big house in sussex  his garden was an array of fruit and veg more so in june  as was strawberry time and allowed to go and pick some for tea, this was early/mid 1950s not many got to the table ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Down South said:

Love it. My 3 year old grand son helped pick strawberries yesterday, they never got to the kitchen, all eaten as he went. He then found the little wild strawberries , same fate. 

Many don’t reach the kitchen trust me :) she’s started on the peas now too 

52 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, when i was your daughters age so many years ago now  we use to visit my grand parents on my fathers side and him being a retired gardener for some big house in sussex  his garden was an array of fruit and veg more so in june  as was strawberry time and allowed to go and pick some for tea, this was early/mid 1950s not many got to the table ha ha

My grandad used to have a massive vegy patch but I was more interested in the trains at the bottom. 

My kids have started to munch on the peas too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, team tractor said:

Many don’t reach the kitchen trust me  she’s started on the peas now too 

My grandad used to have a massive vegy patch but I was more interested in the trains at the bottom. 

My kids have started to munch on the peas too

hello, i have not been blesses with grand children but thats another part of life, sounds like a nice happy family life TT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have not been blesses with grand children but thats another part of life, sounds like a nice happy family life TT

It is most of the time. Ex’s and 2 kids living else where is hard going. Weeks without talking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, team tractor said:

It is most of the time. Ex’s and 2 kids living else where is hard going. Weeks without talking 

hello, i know how it is TT, you can only do your best, they grow up fast so make the time when with you and wife happy times, and looking at the photos i can see your both doing great !!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i know how it is TT, you can only do your best, they grow up fast so make the time when with you and wife happy times, and looking at the photos i can see your both doing great !!!! 

Thank you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve grown peas again this year - I know very well none of them will hit the table as my kids eat them straight off the plant but I couldnt care less! Same goes for the carrots (although they wash them first of course)

Makes me laugh as the kids think they’re doing it surreptitiously but secretly it’s me who’s won 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...