Bisley Re-shoot

dunganick

Well im going to look into booking this next week for about 4 or 5 weeks time. I will firstly try bisley again, however i dont expect them to have any weekend slots avalible.

I dont know the area well, so some recomendation for an alternative clay groun in the area would be good.

NICK

Well im going to look into booking this next week for about 4 or 5 weeks time. I will firstly try bisley again, however i dont expect them to have any weekend slots avalible.

I dont know the area well, so some recomendation for an alternative clay groun in the area would be good.

NICK

I am up for it.

I was robbed of robbing PIN and Cavie and picking up sponsored prize money.

Cat has the encylopedia of English sporting grounds in his head, so he will confirm, but round Bisley way there isn't much at all.

Three Counties at Basingstoke used to be good until Purbeck gave it up and now it is a shambles, and there is a very good shoot at Pirbright, but you have to join a club to get on the land - and at the moment, well you know the rest.

You would have to look at who would come and plant it somewhere in the middle of there combined locations.

The Derby Massive weren't up for shooting it so that just leaves the Southern Shandy drinkers

Horne maybe?

Or . . .

As suggested elsewhere, have a winter Bisley meet and do the clay shoot then as well as the rifles??

Forget the Horne, facilities there are just non-existent.

West London Sporting Targets is a nice little ground, very handy for the M25, and with reasonable facilities, they do English Sporting, FITASC, Skeet, Compact and ABT, but they are only open Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. There are plenty of fields nearby, but I'm not sure whether you could camp there.

Upavon may be OK, but apart from the Classic this year, I've never shot there. Jonsey is the expert on that ground.

As Stuart quite rightly says, there's nothing else much around Bisley way. I know Southdown do allow camping / camper vans, maybe that would be worth a go, but it would give tosspot an unfair advantage as it's his home ground, also it's a long slog for the Essex / Suffolk weirdo's.

I can think of plenty of nice little grounds, but not many that will allow, or have the facilities for campers.

Let me think a bit more about this one.

Cat.

me and wickedandlazy was shooting it im sure that if it was clays atdoveridge the others would be there like a shot i think the only reason they didnt was cause there was 300 -600y ranges the derby massive shoot round doveridge quite a bit

I know cat isn't the greatest lover of Horne..... ooer

but there is a 100 bird open there this Sun (12th Aug)

Gatton Bottom no CPSA membership needed

not shot there for a while but will be this weekend, plan to be done by 12.30 then to S.Down

if anyone is interested

this West London place sounds interesting, gets my vote for a full day of fun and frivolity

ps

i think Upavon wraps things up for the winter/game season, last shoot this month some when

Did you hear that?

I'm an expert :yes:

break it down though, an "ex" is a has-been and a "spert" is a drip under pressure :lol:

Well, if you're able to watch Jonesy smoke those skeet birds on Saturday at Bisley, I'm sure you'll agree she's no "has been", in fact she's won all there is to win in both Sporting and FITASC this year in Wiltshire. :lol:

I'm seriously worried she's going to shoot a better score than me, she's getting that good at it..!! :(

As for "sperting", well, that has to be a strict "no comment"..?? :lol:

Cat

:yes: dont worry, nothing was meant by it! just an old,old joke my dad pulls out whenever anybody at all is referred to as an expert. :( :lol:

wish i could make it down for a PW shoot somewhere, but ill probably be a wee tickle skint! unless you fancy holding it at spennymoor? :lol:

Distance should be no object to Clay shooting, it's so much fun to shoot new grounds..!!

I've shot umpteen shoots up your way, North Wolds, Brandesburton, East Yorkshire and a few I can't remember the name of..!!

Get yourself down sarf more often, the weather's better, the people are friendlier and the beer is colder, what more could you want..??

Why would that Geordie exile Pin hack it if it wasn't better than foggy old Newcastle Upon Tyne..??

Cat.

The Shooting Club @ Upavon, Wiltshire. Held the Classic there this year and had people camping on there, too.

Shot there a month or so ago. Got the day off school as well so it was all good. :( I thought it was quite good and easy enough to find (and near Devizes for the alcoholics on here :yes: ) but I don't have much experience on different ground. Was plastic wad if I remember correctly but I know they do driven partridge shooting there as well so wouldn't be suprised if the valley where the clays are stops in the partridge season which isn't that far away.

FM :lol:

distance isnt an object! fuel to get there is though! :yes:

im only a 21 year old student with a part time job, so have to choose shoots carefully :lol:

ill be at the national inter-counties skeet in the autumn though at northampton :(

maybe a registered sporting somewhere if im shooting well.

the souths a bit too fast for me. 4 laned motorways, average speed zones, running water too i hear. all a bit much for me :lol: