Treatment for leather gunslip

PPP

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

My Croots bag came with some stuff (a sample size) called Renapur Leather Balsam.

Ah, well the shop I got mine from is a bit **** so they probably lost it.. the croots site just says ‘shoe polish’ 

I’ll try Renapur thanks!

43 minutes ago, Westley said:

I use Renapur on all of my leather shooting stuff. Around £12 a tub but it lasts a very long time. I have a pigskin cartridge bag that is nearly 100 years old and it still does the job.

I second that but must add Effax the German leather dressing which, like Renapur lasts for ages and gives superb protection and a lovely rich finish (two vintage leather cartridge bags and a leather slip - plus all the families leather shoes!)

I'll own up to not having used it!  Instructions here; https://www.renapur.com/how-to-use/

My bag is used for my clays kit, earplugs, glasses etc., so gets only light dry use and I have not had to treat it yet.  I also have a Croots sleeve, but again, I usually use a 50 year old Brady rexine one that is a bit like 'Triggers broom' in that it has had new zip, handle, strap ...... but it fits my 28" shortish stock gun much better. 

I would think 'sponge any mud off, allow to air dry (NOT on a radiator), then treat as per instructions sparingly.  Much of my older kit has been maintained in this way with various products over the years.

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'll own up to not having used it!  Instructions here; https://www.renapur.com/how-to-use/

My bag is used for my clays kit, earplugs, glasses etc., so gets only light dry use and I have not had to treat it yet.  I also have a Croots sleeve, but again, I usually use a 50 year old Brady rexine one that is a bit like 'Triggers broom' in that it has had new zip, handle, strap ...... but it fits my 28" shortish stock gun much better. 

I would think 'sponge any mud off, allow to air dry (NOT on a radiator), then treat as per instructions sparingly.  Much of my older kit has been maintained in this way with various products over the years.

Awesome, thanks!