Hot tip

Following the relative success of Sir Rembrant in the Gold Cup

My strong fancy for a good each way punt in the national is Alan Kings. Bear on Board.

He is a sound jumper, the right age, and stays and stays and stays and stays.

I would hope with a clear round he would be in the shake up and I have heard some good reports from Barbary Castle..

Please boys... Dont go over board..

FM.

Fisherman Mike, I,m typing this in the peculiar echoing sound of my study, as I have sold all the furniture in the cottage, to raise gambling cash.

My Wife is threatening to leave me and the Estate Agents bloke is making a noise hammering in the "For Sale" sign.

The bloke from the Pub will be here in a minute, to collect my fishing equipment, decoying stuff and the dog.

I didn,t get a lot for them, but I needed the cash quick, while the odds are still good.

I,m not sure what the time is , as I pawned our watches yesterday.

I even pawned my Wife,s wedding and engagement rings, when she threw them at me.

It has started to rain here, which is a nuisance, as I have sold almost all of our clothes, including anything waterproof.

But, to more important things.........will the wet/slightly heavier going affect your tip.

I have to leave soon, to walk 10 miles to the nearest Bookie, as the truck and car were sold yesterday.

Although I am a bit weak (through lack of food), I,m sure I will make it by Saturday.

I,ll need an answer on the weather conditions soon.

As the chap thats bought my computer will here any minute, just before they turn off the electricity.

Finally, I want you to know that I don,t hold you personally responsible if this horse doesn,t win.

However, my Wife will probably hunt you down and murder you most foully.

???;):lol::devil::lol: :( :( :oops::D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cranfield...

We will probably all have a punt on the biggest lottery in the horseracing world, where 95% of the time the best horse doesnt win... At least you will have the comfort of knowing that you will have someone to blame when you lose your dosh.

If the only good that comes of this is your wife threatening to leave then it would all have been worthwhile and you will be able, in the future to shoot at any time.

I notice you have not sold your guns...

As I write this I feel a noose tightening around my neck, however as I have survival and concealment training and parts of Gloucestershire are still relatively unexplored I will be difficult to find.. ???;):lol:

Dont ignore Martin Pipes BINDAREE. He,s in super form having thrashed Sir Rembrandt who gave Best Mate a superb race in the gold cup. My four star nap BINDAREE. Cranfield, if you find an odd bundle of tenners under that last carpet that you roll up.....................................

Brooktrout

First of all Bindaree is trained by Nigel Twiston-Davis just down the road from me. :*)

Secondly he did not thrash Sir Rembrant in the Welsh National. ;)

I was there and the ground was poor which played into Binderee,s hands. Sir Rembrant was found to be lame after that race which was confirmed with a poor showing in future races ( He had a back problem) had he have been fully fit as he was in the gold cup, he would have won the race quite easily.

I would not discount Bindaree if the ground came up bottomless as he is an out and out stayer, loves Aintree and is a sound jumper, However he never seems to run two races the same and is a bit quirky. He does have too much weight though in my humble opinion. That said his trainer is affectionately known by us locals as Nigel Twistin - Bas...d so who really knows if the horse is up for it or not.

You pays your money and takes your choice... ???

Regards,

FM.

I have just struggled back from the Bookies.

I didn,t resort to selling my body, as was suggested by dead-eye, because the large queue of desirable women that formed, were adjudged to be a traffic hazard by the local Plod and we were all "moved on".

Undeterred and still on the, "selling my body" theme, I decided to do it in installments.

I was able to substantially increase my wager, by the disposal of a kidney.

The bloke paid cash and it didn,t hurt very much.

He is coming back later to have another look at my left leg, which quite took his fancy.

Barbary Castle is not running, so I probably won,t sell my leg.

Fisherman Mike, I absolve you from any responsibility for my actions.

Even if the bleeding doesn,t stop, it won,t be your fault. ???;):lol::devil:

I thought that was, "I have heard some good reports on Barberry Castle". ???

I made the lady in the Bookies go through every paper she had, looking for it.

I told her that my mate Fisherman Mike said it was a runner. ;)

I knew something like this would happen, if I went out on my own. :lol:

Sorry about that chaps nothing to do with mike . Its all my fault if i bet anything it always goes wrong. :P Last time i planted seeds they ended up in Australia. I suppose i will have to live with the loss of a £1 but it will cost me a few sleepless nights. :rolleyes: :blink: :D

PS teal when are you going to get the clock sorted. :(

Guest Mr Pieman

When Mike said the horse was worth a few quid - I didn't realise he meant to a slaughterman for glue and filling matresses!!!!! :blink: :D :( :rolleyes:

PP

Sorry Boys...

But it ran a cracking race...

I was convinced that 5 out it was pulling a cart and we were in the money...

I managed to get even money with my bookie that it would finish in the first 10 so I managed to get my stake back and some. I will make an appropriate donation to Children in Need.

I have news of an unraced 2 year old trained by Jamie Osbourne which is catching pigeons on the gallops....

More news will follow.

FM.