Hi Everyone

Muddy Funker

Hi Guys, I'm just getting into clay shooting as it's something i've wanted to try for years (i'm 31 now!!)

Had a couple of lessons with Allen Warren up at Bisley and i seem to have taken to it well, am going to go for 2 more next month then look into getting my own gun, got the cabinet and relevant forms filled.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and it looks like a great forum with a huge font of knowledge waiting to be tapped, i'm a pretty quick learner but i'm sure i'm going to bending your ears in a few sections when i need some help.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to hanging out here in the future.

Cheers :D

G.

Hi G,

Welcome to the forum, Allen Warren is an excellent Skeet coach, he's forgotten more about Skeet shooting than most of us will ever know, so hang in there, and you'll soon be notching up those 25 straights, (which seem to elude most PW members, apart from Jonesy..!! :D;) :look: ).

Cat.

P.S. - Fill in your profile, you'll get more responses if you do.

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

I've filled in some more of my profile as suggested Cat and i'm looking forward to hitting those 25's lol.

May as well ask 1 question here as the thread is open.

Is it a crazy idea to want a Beretta 686E as a first gun? It's the gun i'm learning with at the moment and appreciated i've nothing to compare it to, but it feels good and what i point it at explodes haha, just don't see the point in getting a rubbish gun, then wanting the Beretta 6 months later.

My G/F thinks i'm mad but at the end of the day she's just bought a new Mini for £17,000 so i don't think she has a leg to stand on :D

What do you think?

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

I've filled in some more of my profile as suggested Cat and i'm looking forward to hitting those 25's lol.

May as well ask 1 question here as the thread is open.

Is it a crazy idea to want a Beretta 686E as a first gun? It's the gun i'm learning with at the moment and appreciated i've nothing to compare it to, but it feels good and what i point it at explodes haha, just don't see the point in getting a rubbish gun, then wanting the Beretta 6 months later.

My G/F thinks i'm mad but at the end of the day she's just bought a new Mini for £17,000 so i don't think she has a leg to stand on :D

What do you think?

Buy the best gun you can afford, avoid the Lanbers, Lincolns & Bettinsoli's etc.

You will be well pleased with a 686E, and after a couple of years will want to upgrade to a 682 Gold E or a DT10.

Cat.

Thanks for the replies :D

I think it's gonna be the 686E then as i'm looking for a good all rounder and this seems to fit the bill, i'll have to tell a little white lie to the Mrs about the cost of it though i think lol.

I'm struggling to find any second hand, is it a case of no one wants to get rid of them?

Still waiting on the licence so no huge rush, would it be best to go for a mint 2nd hand or buy new??

Cheers ;)