Whats next?

fatchap

Bill Gates warned of the Covid 19 pandemic back in 2015, there was also an episode of the Simpsons in 2011 where it was mentioned. 

So what worries me is what else is waiting in the wings epidemic wise? The Adenonvirus that has over 15 strains and it kills the US military is well aware of it, is it mentioned? No.

The coronavirus if you research it has been around along time, different strains, its popped up every now and again but not been as malevolent as it is now so whats changed?

Could this Adenonvirus mutate into a killer of epidemic proportions, apparently there is a vaccine but as we have seen viruses have a habit of evolving and becoming resistant to vaccines.

I'm quite worried to be honest, this whole situation we are in at the moment concerns me because we are lets be honest pretty powerless against it. No technology to fall back on just stay out of its way if you can and hope for the best. 

Will that line of thinking work on the next virus that decides to give us a run for its money. How would we cope with an airborne virus ripping its way across the globe?

Its very worrying.

Edited by fatchap

I said to the missus last night I always wondered if this would happen in our lifetime. 

For something that was persistently marketed as ' no worse than flu' the situation now is concerning. Life for a lot of people has changed drastically in a matter of days.

I can remember reading the odd article late December/ earlier January and wondering if it would get this far. 

Maybe in future a greater public concern will help with prepared-ness?

3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Bill Gates warned of the Covid 19 pandemic back in 2015, there was also an episode of the Simpsons in 2011 where it was mentioned. It was Japan in the simpsons

So what worries me is what else is waiting in the wings epidemic wise? The Andonvirus that has over 15 strains and it kills the US military is well aware of it, is it mentioned? No.

The coronavirus if you research it has been around along time, different strains, its popped up every now and again but not been as malevolent as it is now so whats changed? Nothing, you have got it a bit wrong. Coronaviruses have been around for a long time and are specific to different animals, so have to jump to another AND mutate enough to cope with the new host, a lot of if`s but`s and maybes, please relax as it is hard for viruses to get all this right and infect a new host.

Could this Andonvirus mutate into a killer of epidemic proportions, apparently there is a vaccine but as we have seen viruses have a habit of evolving and becoming resistant to vaccines. It would need to be used on people or released into the environment to have the opportunity to mutate and become resistant, if it is just held in a lab it has no need to adapt to its environment as the environment is stable

I'm quite worried to be honest, this whole situation we are in at the moment concerns me because we are lets be honest pretty powerless against it. No technology to fall back on just stay out of its way if you can and hope for the best. Don`t stress, all these things have been trying to kill us for millenia, we have to accept that this is a new thing that will wreak havoc for a while and then we will either get immune or vaccinated, remember that the majority of people who have died are a minute amount compared to the whole population

Will that line of thinking work on the next virus that decides to give us a run for its money. How would we cope with an airborne virus ripping its way across the globe? It needs to be a pretty strong virus to exist in the air as it needs to be moist and get to a host, and as such you have added a superhero cape to something that doesn`t exist

Its very worrying. Don`t stress please!

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

its mother earth resetting herself..............................

I read a book called 'The Hot Zone' over 20 years ago-basic theme, 'we' as humans are parasites killing off the earth. Mother Nature tried to thin us out with aids/hiv but were smart enough to educate etc-then ebola came and in the book , a more virulent, lethal version established itself.

I wont spoil the ending.

F.

1 hour ago, dodgy dave said:

i wonder whats happening in these migrant camps they will be dropping like flies

what about africa.........?......virtually nothing there..........................................................yet

ive seen how ill an african gets with just a cold.............if this virus hits them they will start dropping like flies....the continent will be empty as the medicle help is none existant................

Edited by ditchman

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what about africa.........?......virtually nothing there..........................................................yet

ive seen how ill an african gets with just a cold.............if this virus hits them they will start dropping like flies....the continent will be empty as the medicle help is none existant................

Watched something last night on South Africa,  and the night before on Thailand,  both in very similar circumstances,  they cant really shut down as we have because the infrastructure isn't there, people from towns were trying to go back to the countryside taking the virus with them, so it will be rampant with little health care to help. But then it might burn its self out? Run out of hosts. 

1 hour ago, dodgy dave said:

i wonder whats happening in these migrant camps they will be dropping like flies

They would need to catch it first, I imagine that they are a lot safer than the three old biddies we saw this morning stood around for five minutes discussing how close to be (you are too close at the moment!) and where to go to feed the ducks 🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

They would need to catch it first, I imagine that they are a lot safer than the three old biddies we saw this morning stood around for five minutes discussing how close to be (you are too close at the moment!) and where to go to feed the ducks 🤦‍♂️

Well on the South Africa thing last night they 40 odd people had to use one toilet, and it was a porta loo, they also said that SA was obviously better off than other areas of Africa,  if SA can't cope there is no hope for the rest of the continent. 

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

bet ya its already there............it would have been taken there by the chinese state owned company called SEITCO...............they use hundreds of chinese prisoners to drive machines and do the work for sietco....cheaper than employing locals..............and sietco are everywhere...............