Time to read

dad

with all the extra time most of us have now i thought i would share some book titles worth a read all quite old and second hand on the bay or amazon.

man eaters of kumaon by jim corbett.

the man eating leopard of rudraprayag. By jim corbett

a hunters wanderings in africa. By frederick courtney selous.

horned death. By john f. Burger.

with all the extra time most of us have now i thought i would share some book titles worth a read all quite old and second hand on the bay or amazon.

man eaters of kumaon by jim corbett.

the man eating leopard of rudraprayag. By jim corbett

a hunters wanderings in africa. By frederick courtney selous.

horned death. By john f. Burger.

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Done all the Jim Corbett books, he had balls of steel. Amazing reads. I'll check out the others, I'll see if I can get them on the kindle. 👍

My favourite was the man eater of rudraprayag..its best to have a good imagination to get a feel for the terrain.

The selous book was 1860s and the hardships endured amazing but a little irresponsible by todays standards.

I have read many of these books some going back as early as 1820s if you know the title my library used to get them for me from the london library in st jameses.

I'm not kidding, after reading them one night and a few beers later, I had the worst nightmare I've had in years of a leopard creeping down the hallway towards me. Absolutely **** myself and woke with a start in a sweat. 😂

He hit my imagination nerve, but it's no fiction your reading. Fantastic books 

4 hours ago, stumfelter said:

If you enjoy Corbett and selous try death in the long grass by capstick.

Read that many years ago probably the best book he wrote.most of his books after are other people's stories that he has rewritten and i felt he tended to americanise them too much with his own drama. But death in the long grass was excellent.

3 minutes ago, dad said:

Read that many years ago probably the best book he wrote.most of his books after are other people's stories that he has rewritten and i felt he tended to americanise them too much with his own drama. But death in the long grass was excellent.

As you say I've read a few of his later books and they don't compare.

41 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

As you say I've read a few of his later books and they don't compare.

Yes he had limited personal african experience when africa was almost finished death in the long grass was of personal experience. I think he also wrote silent death or something similar