New Hw77k

washerboy

Shot a friends very early hw77 in. 22. 

Question is are the newer ones as nice in. 177.my last Hw a 95 was awful in. 177 until it was tuned. It was very jumpy straight from the box. In fact so much so I nearly swopped it for a friends. 22 until he shot mine and wouldn't swop 😂. 

Usually shoot pcp so my input is probably less valid than a seasoned boinger but... I shot a new unfettled 77 last year and thought it very harsh with the heaviest trigger I ever tried. My Remmy Express put it to shame. I don't think they're difficult to sort out but the point is why should you have to. 

I recently bought a HW77 off here, 34 years old with a few dinks and dents, and looking in need of some TLC, Its been fully stripped down, stock repaired, piston and chamber polished , metal being re-blued and its going to shoot a dream. 

I've not shot any of the new ones,but i once owned a HW80/35e and the HW77 all 22 the 77 and the 80 were both Venom tuned (blimey those were the days) all shot very well. 

On 22/04/2020 at 17:19, washerboy said:

Yes, I shot a Mk2 in. 22 last year. I don't like the silly pressing button to unlock the cocking lever. It was accurate and my mate was hitting tiny targets at 50 yards. 

I don’t know if I’ve ever taken my TX out and not forgotten about that wee button at least once during its outing. Cracking gun. Good workout too.