Guns/ hushpower

Shotguneddy

When or if your thinking about buying a 12 g hush power I would avoid the baikal fully moderated single it’s like carrying around a drainpipe full of concrete and personally found it to be a very solid gun but it very difficult to use any other recommendations without being a 410 or a 20g hushpower I would b grateful thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I am thinking of fitting the 10 inch hush power silencer to my single barrel 12 bore, need to find out what measurement I need to have on the barrel to take the locking  nut / thread tube, it's 25.5 inches with a high rib, and full choke, 

Be aware 70 mm of the rib has to be removed for hushpower one.

Guest cookoff013

also get reloading equipment set up to exclusively reload useable subsonics. thats one way, how to feed the thing.

if its for steel shot / pigeons, normal carts, and wont be as quiet.

5 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

also get reloading equipment set up to exclusively reload useable subsonics. thats one way, how to feed the thing.

if its for steel shot / pigeons, normal carts, and wont be as quiet.

I'm really confused now !!!. I rang them last week to order a detachable 10 in for my franchi auto. They said some of the rib has to be removed and categorically said no to steel shot or plaswad cartridges. ???

17 minutes ago, mellors said:

Be aware 70 mm of the rib has to be removed for hushpower one.

Hello, thanks I was looking at what measurement required for the locking nut/ thread tube, I can easily remove the rib and maybe a bit of barrel to have less choke, it's 25.5 inches, it's a 1980s BSA made in italy, has a high rib so thinking would get a better sight line, cheers

4 minutes ago, mellors said:

I'm really confused now !!!. I rang them last week to order a detachable 10 in for my franchi auto. They said some of the rib has to be removed and categorically said no to steel shot or plaswad cartridges. ???

Hello, from what I have read use fibre cartridges as plastic might catch inside mod, I shall use some lead fibre wad cartridges if the mod reduces the sound enough, ? 

1 hour ago, mellors said:

This is what I wanted can't see why some of the rib has to be removed. Think I'll ring them again .

12g Choke Mod_918.jpg

Hello, if I am not mistaken that goes on a barrel that's threaded for chokes and you have to buy the extra choke, the one I am looking at you have fixed locking nut system that goes on the barrel 70 mm

2 hours ago, mellors said:

I'm really confused now !!!. I rang them last week to order a detachable 10 in for my franchi auto. They said some of the rib has to be removed and categorically said no to steel shot or plaswad cartridges.

if your franchi has a screw in choke then the screw in mod is what you need.

if not you'll need the collet clamp type and will have to chop off some of the rib.

24 minutes ago, Remimax said:

if not you'll need the collet clamp type and will have to chop off some of the rib.

Hello, thanks for the correct term collet clamp that is what I will get if I think it's worth the effort of reduced sound and cutting barrel/ rib. will gun shops open Monday ? Cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Guest cookoff013
2 hours ago, mellors said:

people run plaswad subs through them. 

to get the best out your silenced 12gauge, make homeload subsonics in decent shotsizes. there are subsonic loads all the way to 42g. 42g subsonics in fibre are expensive, but are almost on par with decent 32g loads. 

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if I am not mistaken that goes on a barrel that's threaded for chokes and you have to buy the extra choke, the one I am looking at you have fixed locking nut system that goes on the barrel 70 mm

Yes that's the one I want . Chap I spoke to wasn't the gunsmith sorted now on its way sometime soon I hope.

44 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Yea thats what I have you either give them a choke or they supply one.. Just screw it on then as its basically welded for want of a better word to your extended choke

36 minutes ago, Remimax said:

Yes sorted now misinformation from them spoke to gunsmith sorted.

11 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

people run plaswad subs through them. 

to get the best out your silenced 12gauge, make homeload subsonics in decent shotsizes. there are subsonic loads all the way to 42g. 42g subsonics in fibre are expensive, but are almost on par with decent 32g loads. 

Yes I have the 20g investarm using 24g steel 7s just keep checking the barrel for debris. Certainly do the job on pigeons and a lot quiter.

47 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, thanks for the correct term collet clamp that is what I will get if I think it's worth the effort of reduced sound and cutting barrel/ rib. will gun shops open Monday ? Cheers

All the gun shops round here are open !!!!.

Have been since last week.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, just spoken to S and G and they gave more info on the collet type silencer, which is the barrel O/ D required is between 21.5 mm to 23 mm so need to check my BSA out, cheers 

31 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, just spoken to S and G and they gave more info on the collet type silencer, which is the barrel O/ D required is between 21.5 mm to 23 mm so need to check my BSA out, cheers 

Just measured my BSA it is 21mm on the first 25mm of barrel so maybe a non starter, 

20 minutes ago, muncher said:

The A- Tec 12 looks a good bit of kit not sure how much quieter it would be but as it has a valley down the sightline it doesn't effect the sight plain. I am a bit tempted.

If the hushpowers **** already looking at those. Need one for big house garden cost no problem.