Air travel - so unrealistic

Cosmicblue

On 01/08/2020 at 22:04, Retsdon said:

Well, I've travelled the world. And earlier this week I was fishing a beat on the Usk that has a campsite right on the river, down from the big house. And I can categorically say that you'd struggle to find a more beautiful place on the planet to spend a week or so. You can swim in a river flowing with drinkable water; you have red kites, kingfishers,  otters, ...and the stars overhead at night. A nice small town a couple of miles down the road, and a good golf course or two within 15 minutes drive. And world class trout fishing literally at your feet.

What more could any sensible person ask for? 🙂

And you didn't have to fly in that Boeing 737 death trap to get there yes I have travelled abroad but for me nothing beats the UK 🇬🇧

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Virgin Atlantic filing for bankruptcy in USA

Their Australian operation did much the same in Australia a while back.  I'm no expert, but in the USA, filing for bankruptcy (known as Chapter 11?) gives a measure of protection from creditors that can 'buy time' - although I'm not sure in this case more time will help.

There is no doubt that the air travel industry - and by implication the aircraft manufacturers and the associated businesses are one of the hardest hit sectors. 

I have great sympathy for those who are/will be losing their jobs etc, but others may cite Climate Change issues, and say they the industry needed to reduce ....... and I'm not taking sides on that one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 15:27, Cosmicblue said:

Received some pictures from someone who is on holiday in Croatia this week - beautiful weather, gorgeous images...and a note to say they are partying to 5am each day in the local nightclubs....well that will turn out well won't it?  

Croatia the R rate is 1.74 at the moment. The locals are pretty moderate in the way they behave so it has to be the tourists that's driving it up.

I heard today there is a local spike in Merthyr allegedly attributed to people who have returned from holidays abroad. Not wishing to denegrate my former neighbours in Merthyr but I can so easily believe that 

Edited by Vince Green