serious spots

jimdfish

No too bad humour with tbis post please.

My apprentice is as keen as mustad with work and shooting, i mean really keen. He does suffer however with teenage acne, the type that leaves scars.

I was blessed fortunately with a few spots as a kid, bu the one's i did knocked my confidence. He is such a good kid and therefore the qusetion is

Apart from abrasive treatments does any members know of a way to reduce or minimise his plaugey face?

JDF

P.S pizza jokes, while funny are not altogether appreciated

I had it bad when I was a kid, (luckily not too many scars), and I get the occasional one now, just to make me feel young again :lol: . I'd tell him to pop along to the GP and get a prescription - they're brilliant these days.

Unfortunately my 14 year old daughter has inherited the same type of skin, but she uses all sorts of over the counter potions and doesn't seem to be affected too badly, even after applying her make up with a trowel :yes:

If he's that bothered by it he'll sort it out himself :)

P.

if he goes to the doc he'll be prescribed low dose anti-biotics. reasonably effective, however some docs are reluctant as the body and its bacteria gradually becomes immune to the treatment, and higher doses have to be applied for more serious afflictions than they would otherwise require. i would also add i have not been to medical school, but this is as i was informed. :yes: BM.

Go and see the quack, the stuff you can buy in the shops is just snake oil.

Alternatively, get another apprentice with even worse acne and then make sure they are always both presented together.

:yes:

or.......get a really fit blonde apprentice who wears short skirts and wears low cut tops so her bangers are hanging out......no one will give spotty boy a second look.

My youngest lad had this problem and was sent to the local hospital so have blood tests in order to see if he could be prescribed a drug called “Roacataneâ€.

It’s not something to think lightly about though as it can have side effects on kidneys etc, so he may not be suitable for treatment.

Worth asking about though as the treatment was very successful.

G.M.

you do know you are goin to get some comments about face veils and balaclavas, so be prepared.

i'm sure things will improve as he gets older some of the lads i went to school with that had bad acne got more girls than the other lads,

Where'd you go to school?

Italy! :yes::)

On a serious note he'll need to visit the doc!

My youngest lad had this problem and was sent to the local hospital so have blood tests in order to see if he could be prescribed a drug called “Roacataneâ€.

It’s not something to think lightly about though as it can have side effects on kidneys etc, so he may not be suitable for treatment.

Worth asking about though as the treatment was very successful.

G.M.

That's the heavy artillery, and very effective it is too :yes: Regular blood tests and visits to a consultant dermatologist are the norm for it here. Usually it's a three month course, can be given for a longer period though, works by (simplified explanation) drying out the skin from the inside out. There is some negative activists who are against it, I had no side effects from it besides a slightly dry mouth. I'd reccomend it, but I very much doubt any GP would refer a patient onto it before trying at least two other courses of action.