England - travel between tiers

grahamch

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Or alternatively we could all do as we are told and not travel unneccessarily and if and when stopped simply answer a couple of questions with polite honest answers!

that works for me. I interact a lot with the police on humane dispatch call outs and always find them perfectly normal and pleasant. Good manners cost nothing and if you have good cause to travel then I am sure you would be on your way quite quickly. It is usually folk that have something to hide that bleat on about civil liberties and human rights. 

The Conronavirus Act 2020 is an Emergency Powers Act given Royal assent in March. It gives a lot of extra powers to a lot of people they would not otherwise have

Specifically it gives the police the power to stop, question and detain any person they SUSPECT may be POTENTIALLY infected.

Travelling from one tier to another would be more that suff1cient legal grounds for suspecting a person may be potentially infected or spreading infection under the 2020 Act 

Edited by Vince Green

53 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The Conronavirus Act 2020 is an Emergency Powers Act given Royal assent in March. It gives a lot of extra powers to a lot of people they would not otherwise have

Specifically it gives the police the power to stop, question and detain any person they SUSPECT may be POTENTIALLY infected.

Travelling from one tier to another would be more that suff1cient legal grounds for suspecting a person may be potentially infected or spreading infection under the 2020 Act 

And a number of cases brought to court under this act have been subsequently thrown out. Again it’s an badly thought out piece of legislation. 

should people be travelling unnecessarily - no. Should the police be enforcing something at random because of their interpretation of guidance - no. 

Why is it we try to find loopholes, excuses to dodge the advice, blame others for making our lives a misery etc.  The responsibility for your actions is you, not the government or what you read on social media.  If the advice states you should stay at home except for certain exceptions, to work 'shooting, picking up - that is a laugh', then stay at home.  Off I go picking-up to 'work' in T2, the guns are from Tier4, and some of the beaters from Tier 3, do I go home or should I stay to work.  If it is like anything else it will depend on my age, so if I am under 50 I probably stay but if I am older I would not be looking for a loophole or an excuse to stay.  If we don't get that vaccine soon and this thing mutates to a level where the vaccine is useless we will be deeper pooh, so my advice would be that already dished out by the Government, stay at home.

5 minutes ago, Patterdale Terrier said:

Off I go picking-up to 'work' in T2, the guns are from Tier4, and some of the beaters from Tier 3,

That's not a loophole, that is a clear breach. No one in a Tier 4 area should be leaving their area, except for work and a few other exceptions, none of which is to go shooting.

Tier 4 guns could attend a shoot in their own area, if all the rules of tier 4 are adhered to, but a tier 4 gun going to a tier 2 shoot is a breach, not a loophole.