Covid 19

steve_b_wales

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks. It's well worth getting tested. Mine was done through work on a weekly basis and I didn't know at the time of the test that I had the virus, although by the time the results came back (3 days) I was then showing many of the symptoms.

Well Steve, I was tested while I spent 16 days in hospital recently,,,, 3 tests, one every seven days, all negative. In January/February/March/April I had the chest infection,,,, I stayed off work, and mainly indoors, for 14 weeks which commenced 2 weeks before lockdown. Hospital bods and GP never bothered testing me, but the "thing" had only just started. Every other test was done,,,, diagnosis, chest infection, COPD related. During the spell indoors I had a full 7-10 days of different symptoms,,,, all exactly as you described above. Then that disappeared and it was back to the chest infection symptoms,,,, all very strange. Didn't realise until well into the summer when more symptoms were being spoken about that I might have actually had it. Need to speak to my GP about a shoulder injury I've got so will see if I can be tested at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 14:58, JKD said:

Well Steve, I was tested while I spent 16 days in hospital recently,,,, 3 tests, one every seven days, all negative. In January/February/March/April I had the chest infection,,,, I stayed off work, and mainly indoors, for 14 weeks which commenced 2 weeks before lockdown. Hospital bods and GP never bothered testing me, but the "thing" had only just started. Every other test was done,,,, diagnosis, chest infection, COPD related. During the spell indoors I had a full 7-10 days of different symptoms,,,, all exactly as you described above. Then that disappeared and it was back to the chest infection symptoms,,,, all very strange. Didn't realise until well into the summer when more symptoms were being spoken about that I might have actually had it. Need to speak to my GP about a shoulder injury I've got so will see if I can be tested at the same time.

One of my work colleagues showed many of the symptoms of Covid 19 before it was publicly known about. She was off work and was poorly for some time.

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

How you doing Steve?

I'm getting there thanks. I've still got tightness in my chest and find it hard to breathe properly. My GP prescribed an Asthma pump a few days ago for me to try. So far, it hasn't improved anything, which to be fair, my GP didn't think it would work. I went back to work last weekend (night shifts in a community house) and struggled to breathe as I had to wear a facemask throughout the shift (as did other staff) I'm due to get my first vaccine jab on the 22nd Jan' and the second 10 weeks later.

My wife's chest is better, but she has lost her taste and smell senses. Hopefully, they'll return in time. 

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

One of my work colleagues showed many of the symptoms of Covid 19 before it was publicly known about. She was off work and was poorly for some time.

In November 2019 I was completely floored by something that gave all the symptoms of covid but it was a couple of months before it had been invented. Very unlike me to get anything, haven't been to a doctor in nearly 20 years.

Had a covid antibody test recent and it was negative.

Get well soon.

7 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Seems to be a fairly commonly talked about issue,,,, does make you wonder, but I'll abstain from those "thoughts" as I personally don't agree 😏

Hope you and your Mrs continue improving 👍

ATVB

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how are things with you both now Steve, ?

Hi Gordon. Getting better thanks. My wife has still lost her sense of smell and taste, and I've still got a tight chest which makes breathing properly, tiring. I'm going back to work tonight to try again, after failing last weekend, mainly because I have to wear a facemask all the time (social care worker) and it makes trying to breathe even harder. Hopefully, all will clear up in due course for us both, and I suppose we are very lucky to come away from having Covid 19 with only the symptoms we have.

Steve. :good:

23 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Hi Gordon. Getting better thanks. My wife has still lost her sense of smell and taste, and I've still got a tight chest which makes breathing properly, tiring. I'm going back to work tonight to try again, after failing last weekend, mainly because I have to wear a facemask all the time (social care worker) and it makes trying to breathe even harder. Hopefully, all will clear up in due course for us both, and I suppose we are very lucky to come away from having Covid 19 with only the symptoms we have.

Steve. :good:

Hello, that's good to hear Steve, just need a bit more time to recover and hope goes well👍