How did we get on today?

MC

Managed to sneak off from work at 1pm so made last entrys at longridge, shot a 96 missed 2 birds on my first stand - a 35 yard teal and 2 on my second but last stand a 30 yard fast left to right battue - very happy with the way i shot :good: - but Brett Hand pipped me by one clay taking High Gun on 97 :D leaving me with AA1st other noted scores Carl Bloxham and Jez towell on 93

How did you get on at Weston wood today Cat? - Is last weeks form still there?

Well done AAA man shot 96 and you didnt win, still it would be good enough for most to shoot that many at any sporting shoot and win. Seems like there was some big guns there and when Bret's on form like at the classic he takes some beating

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess Ill just look for the bloke who never misses anything :yp:

Nah, just hang arround the food wagon for a while :D

Them there's fighting words! :good:

Fair point, though. Mind I didn't fancy a "keegan burger" from the van there, something tells me they'd not be the best of beef :lol:

Nowhere near the heights of some of you chaps, but shot a 100 A/R today: 50 Sporting, 25 Skeet and 25 ABT. Managed 39,24,24 to finish on an 87.

Sporting score was disappointing. Skeet will do but should (as always :D) have straighted it. But I was very happy with my ABT score, as I rarely break a 20, more usual for me to get a 13-15! :good:

Round 1 of the winter series done, can't wait for the next one now :lol:

Still good shooting though bud, was the kind of scores I used to manage, them days are long gone now.

Went to A1 shooting ground yesterday to shoot Helice or ZZ as it's sometimes called.

Firstly, never been to A1 before and everyone had warned me of how dangerous the turning into the Ground is off the A1, scary isn't the word. lets just say, I had the winkers on and I had slowed right down and still had to handbrake it off the carriageway into the drive and narrowly missed being shunted by a very large lorry.

Helice is excellent fun, we were invited to shoot it by a Lady GB team member who I have shot Sporting and FITASC with in the past. For those of you that haven't seen it. You stand on a peg at 28 yards and you have 5 traps in front of you. The Helice birds are best described as orange bow ties with a white knot and they spin in the traps and then any one of them is released and they fly at any angle, across the ground or left, right, edge on, a bit like teal. You name it they do it. The idea is to shoot it before it gets to the outer ring and you have to split the target white from orange. It's really good fun. You get 20 targets and you shoot 2 at a time and then leave the peg. If you have 4 misses you are eliminated from the competition. Although in this country they don't follow that rule. At the world championships last year my friend missed the first 4 out and had to sit it out for 2 days until the team event.

Anyway I missed my 4th target yesterday at 19 which I was not unhappy about, there's a lot of luck involved for me and I had a good run. Cat only missed one, technically he didn't miss it but he'd shot it outside of the outer ring so classed as a miss. I don't remember what everyone else scored, they were also high scores though put it that way.

It's not as cheap as sporting but you can shoot to your pocket like every other clay discipline. And wednesdays practice at A1 are the best times to go and have a try.

All in all a great day out.

Arh Pin I'm sorry I had no idea you lived that close.

I'll be going again in a couple of weeks time so I will let you and others know in good time that is if anyone else is interested. It's worth going and trying it out, plus there's a very decent sporting layout for afterwards.

I don't care for the sporting there, or the bloke who looks after it to be honest. It's a shame as the ground is good, Teresa makes fantastic food as I am sure you will have found out :blink:

I do like the idea of trying ZZ though, just to see what its all about :blink:

I don't care for the sporting there, or the bloke who looks after it to be honest. It's a shame as the ground is good, Teresa makes fantastic food as I am sure you will have found out :blink:

I do like the idea of trying ZZ though, just to see what its all about :good:

Oh that's a shame I thought the sporting was a decent bit of practice. A good mix of tricky and easier (not easy) targets.

Spot on, the food was very good and Teresa was very nice too. :blink:

I think you might enjoy the ZZ Pin, it's something different to play at and certainly sharpens your reactions up.

I didn't really cast a very good light on my friend in the earlier post I should say, she was one of the three ladies that came back from the World Championships this year with ladies Team Gold. An excellent result for GB.

Whos going to Westfields tommorow?

I hear Berretaman & Lefty are going - Anyone else from P/W?

Sunday 14th October 2007

Westfield Shooting Ground (GL54 3BX)

120 BIRD OPEN SPORTING SHOOT

GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND:

£2500 + over £300

worth of cartridges (B&C)

HIGH GUN: £400

Cash each class: 1st £150, 2nd £100, 3rd

£95, 4th, £70, 5th £60, 6th £50 + 250 Hull

Sponsored cartridge prizes

B & C class 7th – 10th place

Entry Fee: £43

Free trial pack of sovereign FITASC cartridges

to every entrant

Start Times: 10am and 1pm

Limited Entries, advance booking essential -

TELEPHONE ENTRIES ONLY

Sponsored by Hull Cartridges &

The Clay Pigeon Company

Tel: 0870 609 1751

I shot the last Tollesbury Wildfowlers shoot of the season today, nothing serious today just a two man 30 bird flurry. We had 2 goes at it each and our score was 16/30 first time and 20/30 second time.

There was plenty of banter including one team having so many clays in the air at once you really needed about 12 guns. (the trapper just kept his fingers on all four buttons constantly)

After that was the seasons prize giving where I picked up the clay section Shield (it is a wildfowling club shoot) and also winner of AA class. This now puts me in AAA for the coming season.

My average over the whole season was 87%.

I was chuffed as nuts to say the least.

Wylye Valley 100 reg

74ex100

straighted 5 stands drooped odd silly one here and there

wheels fell off big time on two stands, one of which was a stupid rabbit (again) and two long crossers all of which i overlead by a mile an cost me dear

must try harder

TP

Went to Westfields 120 birder - A good shoot with good payout, big trophys, and spot prizes for shooting the flash clays - you dont see that much effort put into shoots anymore.

I met berretaman today, I new the name of one of the guys he was shooting with so when he was called i eliminated him down to 3 men - so i assumed he was the one in a Berretta hat, right - wrong it was his mate.

Martin Myers was winning when i left about 4.30ish with 114 this i cant see being beat - but every man and his dog was there, Bloxam, Hands, Childerhouse, Mark Marshall 102, Arnie Palmer, Richard King, Chris Daniels, Chris Biddlecombe, Sean Ponting, and many more

Just found out Julian Freeman won it on 116 - Impressive

I managed a 106 which i missed a bird on my first pair 7 times and made a meal of a driven stand letting 3 go. - I was a bout 3 targets adrift of any prize money :lol:

One of the most enjoyable shoots this year, best moment was when one of the guys i was shooting with got a flash clay and never shot it because he thought it was a no-bird only to turn around to about 10 people laughing, 5 min later he tripped over a tree stump, then asked how long has that been there to a reply of count thre rings :lol:

Cat how did the Fitasc go?

Berretaman how did you and your clan finish, Keith seemed to be going well half way round?

Well shot AAA man, shame I couldn't be there, but sunny Southdown beckoned.........., my goodness it was so hot there this afternoon, I topped up the tan, I've got to say I don't shoot much FITASC, still I reckon it should be easier than ESP, as you get 2 shots at the singles, (thank God..!!).

I went 20, 19, 19, 20, wow..!!, that's a 78, pretty mediocre, but having said that my mate Martin carded an 82, (and he shot in the England FITASC team this year), Southdown is always a toughie, 88 was leading it from Chris Broomfield, I reckon that was good enough, you don't get many gimme's down there, every bird has to be worked for. :lol:

I'm taking a break next weekend, off to Cyprus for a few days, can't wait...!!

Cat.

Jeeze AAA, well shot bud, my mate stuck a 105, in which should have been higher, but we finished on stand one and 15 and he dropped 7 on those two last stands,!! I was pleased to meet you ,and a lot of my old mates from the English and Welsh sporting teams, it was a excellent shoot, Me and Lefty shot so well that modesty stops me saying how good we was !! But it was not as good as your score I am sorry to say! ! In fact, Beam me up Scotty!! Ha Ha, nice spot was when Pet Easton the lovely lady who writes for Clay Shooting, who was going round with Mark Marshall, spotted me and came over and gave me a splodge kiss! ! Ahhh, bliss, made my day!! cheers AAA, all the best. :lol::lol:

For the first time ever I have something to post in here...

I met up with a mate, Sgt Bang and dead Eye Ive yesterday at the BASC/BSRC running boar and deer test at Bisley.

As always a very well run event and easliy the best range day of the year, I don't know more people don't do it, but I glad they don't as we were able to have another go after the competition had finished in the afternoon :D

This was the first chance I have had to bury the nightmare of the PW summer bash :lol: and shoot the stalkers test properly.

I was very pleased to shoot a 98/100 on the deer plus a 99/100 on the static fox.

My running scores were a bit down on what the big boys shoot, so as they combine the two I was just shy of any silverware.

Oh well never mind, next time eh . . .

Good fun day, even funnier when Sgt Bash was the next victim of the 25-06 and went home with a 'snipers eye' and someone (not me this year) shoot a 10 - but in the wrong target :lol:

:lol: ........I,m glad he let me have another go which was a 10 also :D .I bet mark has got a nice shiner :D

I really enjoyed myself and it was agood day .You could see who's down there most day's practicing on that running Deer though :D

89/100 for 100yd static deer and 98/100 for 50 yd static fox .

For those that don't know the rules both disciplines are 10 shots

2 prone

2 kneeling using sticks

2 sitting using sticks

2 standing using sticks

2 off the bench (No aids)

The running 100 yd Deer is freestanding (No sticks).It comes out the trap and remains static .Your only allowed 2 rounds in the mag at any one time .The first shot is whilst it's static ,once the target is hit it thens moves on and to which you have to re-load and shoot it again before it disappears behind it's housing about 3 seconds later .I scored 32 /60,the winning score was 51

Oh!before I forget there was a Blond piece down there who insisted on giving Stuart a Kiss goodbye until next time :lol: .As for myself and Sgt Bang she just did'nt want to know :D:D

Oh!before I forget there was a Blond piece down there who insisted on giving Stuart a Kiss goodbye until next time :lol: .As for myself and Sgt Bang she just did'nt want to know :D:D

Oh yeah, I forgot about her, I was too busy wondering why the hell I bought ice creams, must be my new diet :lol:

I am glad you enjoyed it Ive, hope your journey back was less enventful than the run down.

Lets get few faces along to the practice days next year.

I am going to lighten my CZ trigger a bit tonight :D

I also went to Wylye Valley. Tosspot, you must have left by the time I got there. I had a lazy morning and didn’t get there until midday. Those two long crossers also caught me out. I hit one t’other, just couldn’t put the pair together and oddly I actually shot in front of them.

Started as usual on the 20 bird pool shoot and shockingly I straighted it, all the single birds on first barrel too. Was a bit shocked, then I had that feeling of, there goes all my good shots. I’ll card a 35 now :lol: Anyway concentrated all the way around apart from that one one disastrous stand and finished on an 82 to take ladies class. I was very happy with that and celebrated with a large piece of cake and a mug of tea in the clubhouse afterwards.

AAA Man, very good score at Westfields, I heard some good reports from the shoot. Berettaman, come on spill the beans, don’t be shy.

Cat, well shot. Shooting gun down must have been a bit weird. Southdown has a reputation for hard layouts so very good score.

Stuartp, very good shooting although I have to admit I don’t understand. However those scores look extremely impressive.

Well done to everyone else.

Jonsey

Oh miss Jones,,( Jonsey) Blimey I feel like Rigsby is taking me over!! I would like to have met you there, but allas, you temptress, you took your womanly whiles elswhere , Good job for my heart condition!! Me and Lefty shot well below our normal form, and was really down after the event but it was a superb shoot, both of us came away with our own thoughts , myself, thinking like, I supose other competitors who have retired who, in a fit of nostalgia make a comeback and found that I failed miserably, all I will say is that Lefty and myself did not score over 80 or even 70! and I would like to leave it there!! Wished I had retired last year now when I could still shoot a bit. :lol: