Shotgun certificate refused

cartridge

I think it was for lying in the conviction box.

That's a classic, thankyou for that

:good::lol::good::/ :blink:

Lucky to only get refused, I would have thought they could have taken it further if that was the case

They often do. It must have been very minor offences.

What part of this, didn't your mate understand? :lol: He's lucky the Ol' Bill aren't feeling his collar. :good:

Part E Declaration

I/We declare that the statements made on this form are true.

I/We understand that I will be subject to a check of police records and that my details may be held on computer. It is an offence for any person to knowingly or recklessly make a statement which is false in any material particular for the purpose of procuring either for himself or for another person the grant or renewal of a shot gun certificate.

The maximum penalty is six months imprisonment and/or a fine.

Really, i know we have to jump through a few hoops to get our licenses, but it thins out the terminally brain dead, who in all probability would do stupid things with guns and bring us into disrepute. The fact that there is a licensing system and checks are made is probably the reason we can still enjoy what we do.

I was properly advised before filling in my SGC and FAC applications, I put:

" Please can you refer to your own records with regards to my past convictions as I am unsure of exact dates "

I then wrote on a plain piece of paper...

With regard to the convictions question, I am genuinely uncertain of the actual dates of offences and I will co-operate freely and answer any questions that you may have.

It worked <_<

O dear, think the guys have said what needs to be said on this one.

I got found guilty at the age of 18, for placing my previous cars road tax, into the window of my new car and got done for Fraud....

But I have completed various MOD/Security Forms etc and I always ensure that I mention this....at least they can see that i am being honest....(but got a feeling sometimes you dont need to mention convictions over 10 years old).

And I have not had a problem getting anything to date..

Honesty is always the best policy...looks like your mate as learned the hard way...

I'm thinking it's designed to put you on the spot - and remind you of your past transgressions to put you in a humble frame of mind when you demand a certificate.

I think "demand" is the right word because the police have to grant it unless there are good reasons not to grant it.

With regard to the convictions question, I am genuinely uncertain of the actual dates of offences and I will co-operate freely and answer any questions that you may have.

It worked

and saved the postman delivering it in a wheel barrow. <_<:blush::blush:

You Sir, are a TART !!!!!! :blush::blush::P:lol::lol:

As it says on the application form "the reabilatation of offender's act does not apply to this" so you have to disclose every and all convictions including ,cautions ,repremands, final warnings ,traffic offences and real convictions.

Probably should have told your mate that.

Probably should have told your mate that.

But then I wouldn't have been sat at my desk almost crying with laughter at the earler posts.

Tough on him, but every cloud has a silver lining it brightened a mundane morning in the office for me and probably a few others as well.

My second favourite comedy post from yesterday - thanks once again <_<

On the speeding thing, well, the form is clear in that it wants you to list "convictions". You can't be convicted if you admit the offense <_<

You have not been convicted of anything for an SP30. You are guilty of speeding but you were not convicted, for that you need a court (you don't always have to be there the court can rule in your absence).

For non severe SP30/SP50 (restricted and de-restricted roads) you have the option of admitting the offense and accepting a fixed penalty notice instead of going to court.

I'd still mention everything anyway, but I am quite sure you'd not need to mention these kind of things.