End of an era.Brewers chippie in Great Yarmouth have closed.

Old Boggy

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Can you go just for the Fish and Chips?

Or have you get to pay and go in to the museum too?

You have to be a visitor to the museum dave , and queue for one and a half hours ( and they're still worth it ) 😁.

Just got back from a week in Norfolk, had fish and chips from Kens in Wroxham it was bloody horrible. Tried, on recommendation from a local, The Kingfisher in Walcott. What a difference, best I have had in years. Generally the food in the Horning/Wroxham area was pretty dire.

20 minutes ago, Tancho said:

Just got back from a week in Norfolk, had fish and chips from Kens in Wroxham it was bloody horrible. Tried, on recommendation from a local, The Kingfisher in Walcott. What a difference, best I have had in years. Generally the food in the Horning/Wroxham area was pretty dire.

you are quite right.....chippies in wroxham are really 3rd rate....the chip shops on the coast usually are very good....Pakefield chippy has a good rep'

20 hours ago, Tancho said:

The original Kens at Wroxham were above average , then when it was taken over it went rapidly down hill , in the Summer you will always see a q outside but the majority are made up with holiday makers , like ditchman said , the ones on the coast are well worth a visit , two at Cromer and two at Wells are recommended .

https://youtu.be/EirPgRRIbU8

This might be of interest to Norfolk fish & chip connoisseurs. I regularly watch a food review fella on youtube (Rate my takeaway) and this fella always pops up in the suggestions. I watch some of his videos also and this one is from a chip van in Norfolk. That piece of Cod would make my mouth water, if it tastes as good as it looks, then it probably doesn't get much better.

PS fast forward to around 6mins 30 to watch the fish tasting.

Edited by SuperGoose75

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

There's two cracking chip shops in Cromer:

https://www.maryjanes.co.uk/about

https://www.no1cromer.com/

No1Cromer is owned and run by Galton Blackiston a Michelin starred chef who also runs Morston Hall. 

Now is a good time to go before Cromer gets rammed out in the summer months.    

when my wife was alive we used to grab a load from mary janes and scuttle off down to the pier and scoff them