Bass

Rim Fire

32 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Thank you so much for not calling it a Sea Bass!!

Hi i do heare that term said alot i think they advertise in restaurants as Sea Bass

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done, my best bass many many years ago was just over 8llb, West bay Dorset , what is a dongle rig ? 

Look on youtube they use it alot in Africa  and Australia 

30 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Was that on a whole maccy or side and on rough ground ? Lovely fish by the way

Thank you it was off the beach on clean ground with a good surf running fished a side of maccy the better fish turn up August   September here a couple of smaller ones 20220820_145613.jpg.9d06998028ddcefc562d2e6002dc2618.jpg

20220820_143114.jpg

40 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Thank you it was off the beach on clean ground with a good surf running fished a side of maccy the better fish turn up August   September here a couple of smaller ones 20220820_145613.jpg.9d06998028ddcefc562d2e6002dc2618.jpg

20220820_143114.jpg

Nice one, are you casting into surf from the side.. That is very much like Dunnet beach.  low rocks at low tide covered on the flood.1271040298_P1060550(2).JPG.617cdcc9dbb9e6d0a6cd32f1476a7e6f.JPG

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

That looks a very Bassy beach with the white water i was casting off the rocks.  

Its just about the most northerly beach in mainland uk. the whole area holds good numbers of Bass. Caught two flounder and lost a decent Bass last time, missus and myself are going over for a short break early Sept, will be using a side of mackerel and a dongle..🙂

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Its just about the most northerly beach in mainland uk. the whole area holds good numbers of Bass. Caught two flounder and lost a decent Bass last time, missus and myself are going over for a short break early Sept, will be using a side of mackerel and a dongle..🙂

Good luck on the bass i am back out tonight surf not running as much but a bigger tide so that helps