Glow sticks

Manish

If you want a continuous light source then get a defile marker, I used to use them as a Sapper, they mark the route onto and off a bridge build, we also would have on on our back attached to the webbing so others could follow you like infantry being brought forward to the bridge or crossing point, and always handy to stop some challenger tank not seeing you and mincing you up.

They glow for many many years.

https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=31187

I was thinking more if i needed to leave the hide for any reason. But all points well taken. The defile marker might be a plan I forgot about them 

On 28/09/2022 at 18:53, Big Mat said:

I think you're overthinking this one Mani.

A small torch kept in a high up pocket ( so it doesn't get soaked when tide flighting) is enough just to flash anyone you hear coming up close. 

Tide flighting!!! At my height!! You must be kidding mate 🤣

I know all places are not the same but I found the above problem very rarely happened , maybe with the popular fowling venues on the Wash this could well happen , we didn't have to many strangers come our way for the wild fowling on the estuary and you more or less knew where the locals were going to be if you saw a bike leaning against the gate or one of the boat shed doors open .

Now the marshes are popular in the Winter for duck and mainly goose shooting , all the two local club marshes have a limited amount of people who can shoot at any one time , when you arrive you have to put a tag or whatever you are issued with on the tag board to let other members know how many people are on there , this work fine as not only you know how many on the marsh you also know who they are if there is any wrong doing like shooting at stuff in the clouds.

On most of the marshes the maximum number is six and very rarely the tag board would be full , if you were able to go during the week later on when the clocks change then there is a good possibility you will be the only one shooting.

If I turned up in the afternoon and there was the odd person already there then if you couldn't see them I would look for the fresh foot prints in the mud to tell me which way they went and I would go the other way , if there were two or three I would most likely give it a miss and go a mile or so up the road to another block of marshes that would more and likely be empty .

8 hours ago, Manish said:

was thinking more if i needed to leave the hide for any reason. But all points well taken. 

If I’m leaving me spot for any reason I’ll tend to put my thumb stick in the top of the marsh … then I can squat down and see it if I’m disoriented. If you’re in the edge, you can normally trace your footprints back as well👍

I might just take a few out with me. If you see one you know its me and I dont mind company. Just expect loads of venison jerky as i have eaten most of the winter stash 🤣

They can also be used to get the attention of passing aircraft if your in the ****