Fishing rod storage ideas

walshie

15 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Only 30 😂

most rod’s reels and tackle is designed to catch angelers not fish 😂😂

I was up around 30 when I discovered that 🤔🤭

That just the one's hanging up 😄. Have fished for everything from small silvers to big carp, so need different kit, for species, method and venue's even.

I find that fishing rods breed 😀

28 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Have fished for everything from small silvers to big carp, so need different kit, for species, method and venue's even.

Spot on. My own repertoire runs from trout to marlin with a variety of different styles, mainly lure fishing, plus my boy has a few rods, so they soon mount up!

46 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

And that’s without taking the sea fishing boat and shore into the hobby 😂😂

Indeed, only coarse fishing, although I have flung fluff on occasions, so have limited gear for that too.

1 hour ago, Houseplant said:

I find that fishing rods breed 😀

Spot on. My own repertoire runs from trout to marlin with a variety of different styles, mainly lure fishing, plus my boy has a few rods, so they soon mount up!

I even have one or two rods that were originally bought for certain swims.

This is a bit like the shooters who think they need three guns to shoot clays, one each for skeet, sporting and trap. Then they need a different gun for game, plus a dedicated hide gun for pigeons and crows. And, of course, they also need a special gun for wildfowling. 
Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it. 
PS I have eight.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

This is a bit like the shooters who think they need three guns to shoot clays, one each for skeet, sporting and trap. Then they need a different gun for game, plus a dedicated hide gun for pigeons and crows. And, of course, they also need a special gun for wildfowling. 
Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it. 
PS I have eight.

There is a vast difference though. A rod for trotting bread flake down the far bank of the Hants Avon, with 3lb line would be no good for putting a 4oz lead 130yds to an island margin on a windswept gravel pit.

32 minutes ago, Penelope said:

There is a vast difference though. A rod for trotting bread flake down the far bank of the Hants Avon, with 3lb line would be no good for putting a 4oz lead 130yds to an island margin on a windswept gravel pit.

Careful I’ve just realised I haven’t got enough got to get at least 3 more now 😂😊

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

I do appreciate the difference, despite not being a fisherman.

I just thought it was an amusing comparison.

Yep far too many fishing rods, and i plan to start sea fishing so a 2nd hand beachcaster is on the way! When my parents bought the house they live in now, back in 1983, they set up a series of clips Zinc-Plated Tool Clips ½" 10 Pack | Tool Clips | Screwfix.com along the wall next to the washing machine, it kept the rods out of harms way. Me...ive got a a few cupboards in the utility room....also holds a shotgun cabinet and a lot of other outdoor kit!

Cheers

Aled