Public Transport!!

discobob

21 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Great.

When you can get me in to Peterborough by bus in a reasonable time, oh and back again I will be most interested.

What world are you living in?

Because it's Not the same one the rest of us are.

It won't work everywhere but park and ride at the edge of town centres with public transport to link the rest is the way to go. It's already happening, just takes time to enact and for the public to get with the program. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

It won't work everywhere but park and ride at the edge of town centres with public transport to link the rest is the way to go. It's already happening, just takes time to enact and for the public to get with the program. 

Yes, it is great in Cambridge, far too difficult to try to drive in to that town. But of course you drive in a car to get to the bus meeting place!  :rolleyes:

Peterborough has a park and ride system, just for Christmas shopping.  :rolleyes:

Come on Oowee, keep trying to find that solution.  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

We have a bus route on my road to town every half an hour. Apart from the 09.30 bus there is never normally more than 4 folk on it. Most of the time it's empty 😕 

We now have a clean air zone for Bristol. That will stop lots of the cars encourage park and ride. Next thing is to start to remove the parking as we wont need so much given on line shopping. 

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Clean air zones will be everywhere soon.

But you cannot make people use the buses if the buses do not go past their door and to their place of work.

Its about providing alternatives and dissuading some behaviours. Carrot and stick. Bike to work schemes, car share, bike lanes they all have a part to play as we move from mass personal transport to an integrated planet friendly alternative.

It wont get me around the NC500 next year though.  

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

We have a bus route on my road to town every half an hour. Apart from the 09.30 bus there is never normally more than 4 folk on it. Most of the time it's empty 😕 

yes Harry on your road ,but by the time it gets closer to the town there will be more folks using it , I take it that you are talking about the  route 2 & 2A  ?

Edited by derbyduck

17 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

yes Harry on your road ,but by the time it gets closer to the town there will be more folks using it , I take it that you are talking about the  route 2 & 2A  ?

Yes but there is only Boythorpe then it's in town 🤔 I've seen it empty at "Road and Rally" going to town. It ought to be every hour as there is only the "twirlies" that use it at 09.30

Edited by harrycatcat1

2 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Yes but there is only Boythorpe then it's in town 🤔 I've seen it empty at "Road and Rally" going to town. It ought to be every hour as there is only the "twirlies" that use it at 09.30

it seems to get a few more on it when leaving town going the rest of the route  through Ashgate to Green farm then  Brockwell .

12 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Yes because that's the posh area and folks with brass to chuck about 🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

Harry it may be that it runs through three built up areas at this side of town and the fact that first bus does not leave the town centre till 7.50 am and the last bus is 5.50 pm . it also splits into two routes when leaving town, so basically  every hour as you suggest !

also no Sunday service this side of town H, so if we are going to Church we have to get the cars out . Posh my ash Money yes but Posh never LOL  :rolleyes::whistling:

Edited by derbyduck

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

Harry it may be that it runs through three built up areas at this side of town and the fact that first bus does not leave the town centre till 7.50 am and the last bus is 5.50 pm . it also splits into two routes when leaving town, so basically  every hour as you suggest !

also no Sunday service this side of town H, so if we are going to Church we have to get the cars out . Posh my ash Money yes but Posh never LOL  

Still better than the 63 though:whistling: