BSA R-10 SE FAC 177 Air Rifle

wymberley

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

I'm losing the will to live let alone thinking of getting one of these. Can anyone confirm that there is such a thing and if so, who might stock it and also where might I find the full specifications?

MTIA

Losing the will to live? 

Are you suggesting using a .177 to finish  yourself off  ? 

Might be a bit ineffective 

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Losing the will to live? 

Are you suggesting using a .177 to finish  yourself off  ? 

Might be a bit ineffective 

Like the man says, you just have to put it in the pattern. :whistling:

Knew I was right to ask on here, cheers, Guys. I'd been looking for a few of days and getting nowhere with multiple different answers to the same question. Just need the nominal stated energy level (I know, I know).

1 hour ago, old'un said:

I'd read that a couple of times and thought that there were too many negative inferences regarding performance. I already have the 12ftlb R-10 (which my grand-daughter will have sooner rather than later if I do go for a FAC version) and really can't see the point of dishing out a grand for an extra 10 to 15 yards of range - 60 metres mentioned.

As for energy levels . Bsa (and many others  ) tend to set their  fac .177 s  between 17 and 19 fpe . This is with either a 8.4 grn (17 fpe ) and 10.5 grn 19 fpe .  I've played with my fac .177 (as you can legally  do ) and have come back down to around 17 fpe with 8.4 grn pellets . I've found that is the best blend of accuracy  and energy  /fall out risk  . 

Funny how over 5 years of ownership and loads of pellets /slugs  and power levels  brings me  back to exactly  what bsa sets them at  as best  .

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

I'd read that a couple of times and thought that there were too many negative inferences regarding performance. I already have the 12ftlb R-10 (which my grand-daughter will have sooner rather than later if I do go for a FAC version) and really can't see the point of dishing out a grand for an extra 10 to 15 yards of range - 60 metres mentioned.

I guess the question I would ask you is why you are looking at that particular air rifle in .177 FAC, I am sure there must be just as capable air rifles out there and I am sure someone like Ultrastu could guide you to such rifles that meet your requirements.

The big advantage  of fac air over sub 12 .isn't  the awesome amount of power. .Even  a 50 fpe .25 cal isn't a huge amount of energy and can still mean a rabbit runs off if you hit it in he wrong place .conversely a sub 6 pistol will drop a rabbit clean as a whistle if you hit the sweet spot on the head. Within range .

No the big advantage  of fac air is trajectory  .send a pellet (cal doesn't matter ) at 950 fps at you can have a 45 - 50 yd zero  and drop only 4 inch from zero at 70 yds .as opposed to say a .177 sub 12 8.4 grn pellet that drops 9 inches from zero at 70 yds .that's a huge amount and makes 70 yds shots with a sub 12  .177 nigh on impossible to be consistent  due to range finding issues alone .

Oh just for reference  a sub 12 .22 drops around 20 inches at 70 yds  from 25 yd zero .that's  ridiculous  . 

What fac air means in real hunting senarios  is that any quarry that presents around the 15  - 55 yd Mark  you just ain't bang on and it should go down .now thats a pretty useful point blank range and helps with shots that need to be taken quickly (pigeon decoying or squirrel shooting .for instance  ) 

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

What is it wymberley  that you want to know.?  I'm sure I can help you. 

As I've got a lot of experience  with  fac bsa s . Owning both .177 and .22 

Thank you very much. Could I take a rain check on your kind offer, please? I had hoped to get things sorted, but no and I now have to put things on a back burner for a little while.

10 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

If you already have an r10 sub 12 .? 

Why not just have it converted to fac ? 

Please see my last post.

On 04/11/2022 at 17:56, old'un said:

Imo you can’t beat FX for FAC and that’s why I have two and will be buying a wildcat mk3 as well 

great for shot count and highly tuneable 

On 04/11/2022 at 18:42, Mice! said:

😅😅😅

But I wouldn't buy an FAC new, not when you see the prices second hand 

But I wouldn’t buy second hand either 😉

47 minutes ago, villaman said:

I know what you mean, but if you were pretty sure the gun hadn't been messed with then there are likely to be some real bargains available.

I think the price of new PCPs are ridiculous,  and the problem with buying new in FAC is what if the gun doesn't suit you they are harder to sell on.

40 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes but tune them to what ever pellet or slug you want to use , how many guns can do that !!

I have to concede that excluding my current one which took a good half dozen or more before I found 'the one', it's not all that many and not for a long time - you didn't have so much choice back in the day - I can remember Milbro and then, of course, there was Milbro - but I've always been able to do it no matter which make.

On 07/11/2022 at 17:26, villaman said:

Imo you can’t beat FX for FAC and that’s why I have two and will be buying a wildcat mk3 as well 

great for shot count and highly tuneable 

How many fx’s can you get in the back of the Bentley vm? Good job you’ve got the tow bar fitted….😂

I agree, the fx’s are brilliant in fac. I wouldn’t mind a wildcat mk3 carbon but still hankering for a crown, I don’t know🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy said:

How many fx’s can you get in the back of the Bentley vm? Good job you’ve got the tow bar fitted….😂

I agree, the fx’s are brilliant in fac. I wouldn’t mind a wildcat mk3 carbon but still hankering for a crown, I don’t know🤷‍♂️

You really are , what’s your name Jimmy 😂👍🏻

Edited by villaman

On 03/11/2022 at 19:24, Ultrastu said:

What is it wymberley  that you want to know.?  I'm sure I can help you. 

As I've got a lot of experience  with  fac bsa s . Owning both .177 and .22 

Rain check time. I can't do a lot. My variation for FAC Air is in and I now have some sample quantity pellets/slugs (22). Problem is is that the medics won't let me drive just yet after my heart op'. 

Question; is the hammer spring anti tamper cap omitted on the FAC (SE) version of the R-10. Obviously, there is no (legal) requirement for one and from what I can see from the parts drawings there appears not to be one fitted.

Cheers

Edited by wymberley