The Banshees of Inisherin

Scully

Went to see this at the cinema last night. Wasn’t what I was expecting really, but it didn’t disappoint at all; well worth watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Great roles by all involved, especially by the ever faultless Brendan Gleeson, but for me the film was stolen by a superb performance by Barry Keoghan. 

15 hours ago, Scully said:

Went to see this at the cinema last night. Wasn’t what I was expecting really, but it didn’t disappoint at all; well worth watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Great roles by all involved, especially by the ever faultless Brendan Gleeson, but for me the film was stolen by a superb performance by Barry Keoghan. 

Another great film for yer now . Brutal at times .

Screenshot_20221109-085641_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Another great film for yer now . Brutal at times .

Screenshot_20221109-085641_Samsung Internet.jpg

A brilliant film with some very powerful scenes. Richard Harris and John Hurt played fantastic roles.

If a fan of Irish based films and you like Brendan Gleeson, then (The Butcher boy)  is another good watch. A young Gleeson plays a minor role but the film itself is brilliant and funny.

Both The Field and The Butcher Boy are on youtube as full movies.

55 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

A brilliant film with some very powerful scenes. Richard Harris and John Hurt played fantastic roles.

If a fan of Irish based films and you like Brendan Gleeson, then (The Butcher boy)  is another good watch. A young Gleeson plays a minor role but the film itself is brilliant and funny.

Both The Field and The Butcher Boy are on youtube as full movies.

As is 'The Guard'.

47 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Yes a great film , I am waiting for  " Belfast " to come on Prime  or Netflix. 

Wasn't sold on Belfast to be honest.Went to the cinema to see it but both myself and  my friend fell asleep during it. Our wives thought it wasn't great either and we are not a difficult audience. 

Some rave reviews but I thought it missed the mark by a fair bit.

On 10/11/2022 at 20:34, RyanMc said:

Try a film called Man about Dog, not much substance to it but worth a watch for a laugh if anything else!

Or "The most fertile man in Ireland" 

Not high brow viewing but like Man about Dog very funny if a bit stage Irish in places.