Shooting in the South

Pops_Hants

2 hours ago, Pops_Hants said:

Evening all, 

Torn between shooting at three different grounds this weekend

Purbeck

Oxford

Barbury

Anyone visited all three and have a  favourite, if so, why? Or just general thoughts on these grounds welcomed 🙃

Blackcats, just off the A420 between Oxford and Swindon is a good day out if your in the area. 👍

24 minutes ago, Wylye said:

If you're just going for a play then Purbeck or Barbury are a good choice. If you want a competition then Gunsite Clays near Avebury would be good. You don't have to be a CPSA member to shoot either.

Just looking to shoot a slab of carts somewhere nice really, nothing competition about it but i'll keep score.
Been shooting a lot at Ower and Spitfire and fancy a change. 

Will keep Avebury in mind for future, cheers

So I thought I'd follow up on this incase any one is interested, 

But I went to Barbury, I just go the feels that Oxford wasn't right. Anyway, not disappointed at Barbury, the have a significant number of stands with some great high tower fun. A wee cleaning station that actually came in really handy as I had two misfires and the wad got stuck in the barrel, so quick visit to clear them out.

Staff are very friendly and accommodating, good gunroom with lots to look at and gawp over, including demo guns which is good. Food is more than passable and the clubhouse is warm and pleasant. Overall, spent a good number of hours there shooting about 250 rounds. Ended up joining as a member so even the clays we used that day were discounted, and when you pre purchase 1k clays, it's down to 29p /clay. Good value for money, even more when when you're joining fee includes a lesson too!

Well worth it for anyone who hasn't been.