Wild Gourmets

Dunkield

Forgot to say, I don't what others who have done it thought, but I reckon that was pretty accurate simulation of a day on hills after hinds, even down to the none too clever estate rifle! Did the job though - good shot.

2 weeks tomorrow and counting down :good: my legs are aching just thinking about it . .

Forgot to say, I don't what others who have done it thought, but I reckon that was pretty accurate simulation of a day on hills after hinds, even down to the none too clever estate rifle! Did the job though - good shot.

2 weeks tomorrow and counting down :lol: my legs are aching just thinking about it . .

I watched last nights episode and thought it was good, I dont stalk so cannot comment on the way in which the deer was taken but can point out that the strap/buckle on his gunslip is unlikely to last more than a season carried the wrong way up, apart from that small point I found the series to be quite informative.

Amazing the volume of herbs, spices, pots and pans a landrover will carry :lol:

:good: D2D

2 weeks tomorrow and counting down :good: my legs are aching just thinking about it . .

I agree Stu, pretty much in line with how our days on the hill usually run.

I was pleased to see him do his own gralloch, from the bit I saw it looked like he new what he was doing.

I enjoyed the series, although I do think that there was a serious degree of license taken, and the researchers must have been doing overtime.

The book accompanying the series is £20, I shall wait untill a copy hits the charity shop.

webber

In line with all TV books I bet it will be £4.99 before Christmas.

I asked mrs stuartp if she was interested in it, and she said the cooking was 'too faffy' whatever that means - I just eat it :good:

Stuart

I speak, having been advised that I have been happily married for 30 years.

Faffy, when used in the context of cooking, means too much trouble, as it requires seasoning with anything more than salt and black pepper, or a splash of gravy browning.

enjoy

webber