Ratting with the Hikmicro Alpex.

simon6ppc

its amazing how"tech" moves on an improves...even from when we first started to watch you ..to today

one complaint.....there is no-way i could shoot with that green reticule..do you have the option of changing the colour ?

as always bloody brilliant :good:.........never get fed up watching your productions

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

its amazing how"tech" moves on an improves...even from when we first started to watch you ..to today

one complaint.....there is no-way i could shoot with that green reticule..do you have the option of changing the colour ?

as always bloody brilliant :good:.........never get fed up watching your productions

Cheers Ditch, ye i can change to i think six colours may bell yellow stands out the best if i be honest

7 hours ago, Scully said:

I never tire of watching someone shoot rats. Thanks for posting. 👍

Thank you Scully.

brilliant as always Simon

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

must admit i prefer the green ret stands out better especially on the thermal

19 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye if i be honest my eyes actually see yellow better through the Alpex but green has always been my favourite colour lol.

just think green on the thermal in pitch black conditions stands out better, no overly convinced the infiray nv is for me yet may change to the alpex 

8 hours ago, davewh100 said:

just think green on the thermal in pitch black conditions stands out better, no overly convinced the infiray nv is for me yet may change to the alpex 

Ye Dave i can't tell you its the best i have ever looked through because i don't tell lies but i can say for the money i don't think any thing can match it 

• 3 weeks later...

Really good vids Simon Bit different to me in the sixties skipping homework from school

Out round the farm chickens housed in deep litter, meal shed for the cattle all good shooting places

using a BSA Cadet and torch, a couple of pellets held in lips for quick loading. The farm foreman gave me tuppence a tail.

I think Marksman pellets were six pence a hundred

Ratting was best as the moon was on the rise, not many about the first week after the full one have you noticed this

Many thanks, all the best for the future

Hyia pal, ye i too grew up using an HW80 kind of doing the same to be honest, the good old days hey make us laugh doesn't it, and ye rats you can go some nights and the damn things are every where yet another night you hardly see any i always find calm nights the best any Merry Christmas pal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2022 at 16:44, Ratlegs said:

Really good vids Simon Bit different to me in the sixties skipping homework from school

Out round the farm chickens housed in deep litter, meal shed for the cattle all good shooting places

using a BSA Cadet and torch, a couple of pellets held in lips for quick loading. The farm foreman gave me tuppence a tail.

I think Marksman pellets were six pence a hundred

Ratting was best as the moon was on the rise, not many about the first week after the full one have you noticed this

Many thanks, all the best for the future

a while ago i used a BSA Cadet major that had been re-built and tuned....new type of ram and piston seal..........it was lethal accurate and sweet as sweet to shoot....the cadet is a well made rifle to start out with...

Edited by ditchman