Picking up crew

Dougy

Not many birds at all today. 

That game crop is a pain to pick up birds, i asked a couple of guns of they wouldn't mind dropping birds in the field, some struggled connecting with any due to the height of some of them, some testing shots. Plenty of Woodcock about but not on the list, i counted 11 on 4 drives today.

Katy Kath.jpg

20221228_134445_copy_800x361.jpg

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

Terrain looks very familiar to me; whereabouts is this if you don’t mind me asking? 

Near Ashbourne 

16 minutes ago, old'un said:

“Not many birds at all today”

But I see you managed to find a tall blond.

Didnt take much finding that one. Im like my dog  though, if its already been picked up im not interested. 😄

1st drive is usually the ducks and again a low bag of 44, 3 were not picked up due to the height of the river, i made the decision to let them go. The gun was fine with the decision and wouldn't expect anything different. They do actually alter the drive to try and reduce any falling in the river, very considerate.  I think there were around 8-10 of us picking up with around 15 dogs. Both ours are now totally zonked out for the night now. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

1st drive is usually the ducks and again a low bag of 44, 3 were not picked up due to the height of the river, i made the decision to let them go. The gun was fine with the decision and wouldn't expect anything different. They do actually alter the drive to try and reduce any falling in the river, very considerate.  I think there were around 8-10 of us picking up with around 15 dogs. Both ours are now totally zonked out for the night now. 

Wow - thats a lot of pickers up