6 Nations 2023.

walshie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/02/2023 at 07:11, Rim Fire said:

I got to disagree with as well England have beat the two worst sides in the the six nations they lost to Scotland and got Ireland and France to come if they beat one of them teams then yes they are progressing  I  don't fancy our chances against Italy  at the moment 

I don't see the progress in this England team and got Ireland next 

3 minutes ago, millrace said:

But you have "smith" as the commentary keep telling us.....

He was one of our better  less awful players today and did come up with the occasional bright spark dim, 10 watt glow. But we're so bad everywhere else that whatever good things are done, it's never long before all the work's wasted.

8 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

France have been absolutely superb. They've played wonderful rugby and we're well off the pace.

France were good,,,, the England team made them absolutely superb !!!

We were beyond poor 🙄

10 minutes ago, millrace said:

My only concern is how much better they could be in dublin next week.....

Well, as a sort of neutral rugby fan (English, but it's only a game 🤭) Ireland Vs England is going to be a brilliant watch !!! 😁

Edited by JKD

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Scotland Vs Ireland will be better.

Hopefully the away team perform as well as the french......

It will be tricky....if the scots try to continually play across the line the irish will pick it off......fingers crossed....🤞🤞

3 hours ago, millrace said:

Not sure what i made of that.....italy poor in final 3rd ......wales....going back to old age players....well wheres the future in that,,,,papering over problems to avoid wooden spoon....bit of a funny game....

I watched Italy v Wales earlier, it was great to see fresh players for Wales, not just the same players, Wales looked good, capitalised on Italys mistakes and got the win they needed.
The commentary team said Wales are staying in Italy for a training camp which will do them a world of good.

Italy?? They looked good but still made far too many errors, but compared with previous years it has to be their best ever performance at a 6 nations, even without a win.

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

France have been absolutely superb. They've played wonderful rugby and we're well off the pace. Far too many steady-eddy players in the forwards, not enough flair and cohesion in the midfield, far too many penalties. 

France in the World cup should be entertaining to watch.

I've been on catch up all day so avoiding my phone.
Hands up who still thinks Smith is world class?
The French targeted him, and so will other teams.
The first half was the worst English performance I've seen, no ruck speed, mistakes, little real threat it seemed.
It's just a far faster game than club rugby.

While France, just wow, that's their best game so far, they totally took us apart, faster, more aggressive, turned us over, ran better lines, linked up, and slowed us down, just brilliant from start to finish.
thats without even talking about Dupoint, he kicked us to death, ran the game and was simply sensational, he misses nothing.

I thought when the subs started coming on in the second half things were going to improve, but there were still far too many errors and the points kept piling up.

Watched Genges interview at the end, he seemed humble and honest, made no excuses, what a game to captain.

11 hours ago, Mice! said:

He has to be the player of the tournament,  he's just perfect in defence and attack,  just never switches off.

He plays heads up rugby you can see him scanning the field before he kicks he  sees where players are out of position i think he will get player of the year