Driveway security post

5 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Oh yes I agree if someone wants something they will find a way to take it. My thinking is if I make it harder to take they might go for easier pickings 👍👍👍👍👍

And that's the point of these deterrents isn't it ?! Like having an alarm bell box on the front of the house,,,, that has nothing in it 😲😁 Anything that makes things difficult to 'take'' is a good thing, surely 🙂

On a side note,,,, being a builder, I know of some houses of a certain construction that I could gain access to in seconds,,,, without going near a door or window 🤔🤭😂 Obviously I wouldn't !!!

2 hours ago, JKD said:

And that's the point of these deterrents isn't it ?! Like having an alarm bell box on the front of the house,,,, that has nothing in it 😲😁 Anything that makes things difficult to 'take'' is a good thing, surely 🙂

On a side note,,,, being a builder, I know of some houses of a certain construction that I could gain access to in seconds,,,, without going near a door or window 🤔🤭😂 Obviously I wouldn't !!!

I love all the answers that PW members provide,  everyone has an opinion and I like to hear them 👍👍👍👍😉😉😉😉😉

22 minutes ago, Rob525 said:

If that hole is the same all the way down I could whip it out in a few mins.... dig it bigger then concrete/post crete and back fill. So it's like a light bulb shape under ground

Yup,,,, Harry, what happened to the 300mm hole round the 150mm post ? 🙈😁

On 09/03/2023 at 11:34, harrycatcat1 said:

Well, another consideration is that where I've dug it looks like an old water meter has been there because there is a "concrete" shuttering that would have to come out if I enlarge the hole 🤔🤔

There is already a concrete "shuttering" 3" thick x 32" deep x 8" square that it fits in. I will try and take a picture tomorrow. Its not just soil or clay to dig through.