Fibre optic sight

Updog007

Not sure what you mean by scam but I've had, fitted, sold and used loads of these.

Did it make me a good shot? Ha, no.

Can it be a useful way to draw the eye to the correct point? Yeah sure.

In my experience more useful if a bead has been lost or broken.

If you feel you need one then give it a try as it doesn't cost a fortune and can be removed if you don't like it.

Edd

1 hour ago, Stimo22 said:

I use one on an auto for evening duck shooting, I think it helps as it gets dark. Find it ok

I used to use glass tritium capsules for both roost shooting crows and duck shooting, but gave up after a number of breakages of the glass due to fragility.

I now use the metal housing from a Bradley Bead, plastic white bead removed, inside coated with white paint and void filed with a mix of "glow in the dark" pigment and superglue.

Or even a replacement bead made from glow in the dark plastic toy etc would work.

Shine of a small key ring torch for a few seconds keeps it illuminated for about 45 min (therefore as it gets darker through the flight it fades but is still visible) and gives a really good sight for shooting in the dark.

Edited by Stonepark

13 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

I used to use glass tritium capsules for both roost shooting crows and duck shooting, but gave up after a number of breakages of the glass due to fragility.

I now use the metal housing from a Bradley Bead, plastic white bead removed, inside coated with white paint and void filed with a mix of "glow in the dark" pigment and superglue.

Or even a replacement bead made from glow in the dark plastic toy etc would work.

Shine of a small key ring torch for a few seconds keeps it illuminated for about 45 min (therefore as it gets darker through the flight it fades but is still visible) and gives a really good sight for shooting in the dark.

Hello, that sounds interesting , can you post a photo ?

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that sounds interesting , can you post a photo ?

Day unlit, day lit, night lit (this is not blinding or detrimental to night vision but means peripheral vision picks up the bead nicely))

DSC_0063~2.JPG

DSC_0066~2.JPG

DSC_0067~2.JPG

Edited by Stonepark

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Stonepark - I am impressed.

Cheers - I have made a few for others as it is effectively the cost of a bead which can be picked up from local gunshop for a couple of quid, as there is no shortage of white paint, luminous pigment or superglue.