Outlander Phev

Morkin

Hello all , again a question on buying a motor, I put up a week or so agin about advice on smaller type 4x4 ,very kindly people adviced Subaru, Suzuki ,etc , but talking to people and one chap suggested a Phev, because most of my shooting is close so it would be all electric miles,any thoughts on this please, I would like to pull my caravan as well it.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿช“๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I had one on a 3 year lease and wouldn't recommend, although roomy inside and a reasonable drive, range on the electric is no where near the 30miles quoted. More like 10miles in reality, not very economical on petrol either. Very small tank so you are constantly filling it up.ย 

That's just my view only, depends what you want and what you are comparing it with.ย 

My boss got one as he lives 20 miles from the office, he soon found out that the range quoted was terrible and in reality was about 12-15 miles, when he did long journeys it wasn't economical.
Saying all that, i drove it on a 500 mile round trip and it was very comfortable.

THANKS FOR THE REPORTS GENTs๐Ÿ‘, I think I best look in a different direction. They are all advertised doing 30-35 on electric so it's very misleading, so thanks again boys , much appreciated , drive me ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœlooking for cars ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿช“๐Ÿ‘

My friend said .he could spend all day at work, so 8 hrs ,charging it and there is a bit of a steep hill 2 miles from his work .it's about 500 yds long maybe and it killed the battery getting to the top .he only lives 12 miles from his work and it never got him all the way home on battery alone .

2 hours ago, Morkin said:

THANKS FOR THE REPORTS GENTs๐Ÿ‘, I think I best look in a different direction. They are all advertised doing 30-35 on electric so it's very misleading, so thanks again boys , much appreciated , drive me ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœlooking for cars ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿช“๐Ÿ‘

You have already had the answer, Suzuki Vitara!

Had one as a company car nice enough to drive but 10 gallon tank and 30 to the gallon didn't help its cause, from a full charge i could get about 17 miles on my way to work before I ran out of electrical power. Good app to turn on the heater prior to leaving in the winter was good but that hammered the battery too.ย 

Terrifying if it fails out of warranty too much to go wrong and the cost of repairs would be horrific.ย