Waterless car cleaning

DUNKS

I've used Williams waterless car cleaner for year's and it does work very well indeed and I use it on the inside of the windscreen as well. If the car is really dirty I do give it a quick wash, but light dirt is lifted off easily, just use 2 or 3 clothes on the dirty bit's. 

Waterless is OK for light dirt but not the best idea for anything else. Have a look at optimum no rinse (ONR) not waterless but rinseless. You add some to a gallon of water and gently wash the paintwork and dry each panel as you go. Sounds a faff but takes 10 mins to wash a car and safer on dirtier cars. 

Complete and total nightmare material if you care about the long term condition of your paint.

If you don't then it's a quick and convenient way to achieve acceptable results.

Long term it will embed swirls within the paint that will require polishing out professionally. As will any form of contact washing. Waterless washing fluid will just do it a lot faster as it contains the grit within the fluid and towel rather than rinsing it off with water, car soap and a bucket.

I'm one of a few who takes pleasure in spending a Saturday afternoon detailing a car so my wash process looks a little like this:

- Apply pre-wash or snow foam and leave to soak before rinsing off.

- Apply alloy wheel cleaner and wash wheels with a separate wheel cleaning brush.

- wash body of the car with a two bucket method.

- dry off the paintwork with a drying towel.

- apply a spray wax/ quick detailer/ wax sealant depending on how much time I have.

Yes, I'm a ******* looser and I know it..

3 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Complete and total nightmare material if you care about the long term condition of your paint.

If you don't then it's a quick and convenient way to achieve acceptable results.

Long term it will embed swirls within the paint that will require polishing out professionally. As will any form of contact washing. Waterless washing fluid will just do it a lot faster as it contains the grit within the fluid and towel rather than rinsing it off with water, car soap and a bucket.

I'm one of a few who takes pleasure in spending a Saturday afternoon detailing a car so my wash process looks a little like this:

- Apply pre-wash or snow foam and leave to soak before rinsing off.

- Apply alloy wheel cleaner and wash wheels with a separate wheel cleaning brush.

- wash body of the car with a two bucket method.

- dry off the paintwork with a drying towel.

- apply a spray wax/ quick detailer/ wax sealant depending on how much time I have.

Yes, I'm a ******* looser and I know it..

Spot on 👍 my favourite method. 

Edited by paulinlincs