Browning 725 pro trap or miroku mk38 trap G3

Gerry78

1 hour ago, retromlc said:

Look at the promaster as well, it's a multidisciplinary gun, all of them are heavy guns,(if you're used to a game gun for example) a reason many older guys sell to get something lighter

Thanks I usually just use sporters for all my shooting so the browning could possibly be a good option 

I have both a ProSport and an MK 38. Due to age and health I am finding the ProSport at just under 9lbs, a bit tiring on a 100 bird shoot. I have had the MK38 for a couple of months and although around 3/4 lb. lighter, the comb is catching my cheekbone. I am looking to try the MK38 trap to compare the stocks.  I have shot the ProSport very well and still do, but recently dropped 17 targets on the last 4 stands of a 100 birder, all due to fatigue.  I struggle to get the gun up to high or overhead birds on the latter stands, due to its weight.

Just my personal view, but I do believe Browning have got the ProSport stock exactly right. Now if I could copy that to fit the MK38........

Edited by Westley

20 minutes ago, Westley said:

I have both a ProSport and an MK 38. Due to age and health I am finding the ProSport at just under 9lbs, a bit tiring on a 100 bird shoot. I have had the MK38 for a couple of months and although around 3/4 lb. lighter, the comb is catching my cheekbone. I am looking to try the MK38 trap to compare the stocks.  I have shot the ProSport very well and still do, but recently dropped 17 targets on the last 4 stands of a 100 birder, all due to fatigue.  I struggle to get the gun up to high or overhead birds on the latter stands, due to its weight.

Just my personal view, but I do believe Browning have got the ProSport stock exactly right. Now if I could copy that to fit the MK38........

Westly thanks for the imput me being over 6ft 2 the browning grip fits me better plus it has adjustable stock EXTENDED chokes etc the mk38 grade 3 stock fits me as well but the grip not as pronounced if that makes sense It will mostly be for DTL for out and out clays I have a browning 525 sporter for over the fields The pro trap I wouldn’t want to carry over rough cover or foreshore 😊😊

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Westly thanks for the imput me being over 6ft 2 the browning grip fits me better plus it has adjustable stock EXTENDED chokes etc the mk38 grade 3 stock fits me as well but the grip not as pronounced if that makes sense It will mostly be for DTL for out and out clays I have a browning 525 sporter for over the fields The pro trap I wouldn’t want to carry over rough cover or foreshore 😊😊

By what you describe, it sounds as though the Browning could be the one for you, BUT, I would urge you to TRY  both guns before making your mind up. I did try the MK38 but only for a dozen or so shots, if I had done a 100, the comb problem would have shown up   🙄

3 hours ago, Westley said:

By what you describe, it sounds as though the Browning could be the one for you, BUT, I would urge you to TRY  both guns before making your mind up. I did try the MK38 but only for a dozen or so shots, if I had done a 100, the comb problem would have shown up   🙄

No worries westly im gonna shoot both hopefully at the weekend 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2023 at 22:02, Gerry78 said:

As I’m getting older I’m getting more into clay pigeon shooting I’m thinking of buying one of the above guns for mainly DTL Wanted to ask forum does any members own one of these models 

Same gun , may be some difference  in the wood work and engraving but its down to which one you like and which feels best for you . 

The one that feels best is the gun to buy ,no matter what any one says . If you get the other you will always regret it every time you miss , because a little voice will whisper in your ear " you'd have hit that if you had the XXXXX"