New ratting gun.

manthing

So been looking for a black/plastic stocked gun as the ultra is just to nice to be clambering over gates such in the dark.

Looked at a couple of R10's but they are still quite expensive 2nd hand. So looked at some RM8's which are around the right money 2nd hand. Went to the local rfd and spotted an RM8 but it was a .22 and I was wanting to try a .177 out.

Owner asked what I'm looking for so I told him and he says "how about this?"

"This" is a bit of a departure for me as I like a traditional sort of gun. Reximex Ixia. I'll try and get the photon on and zero'd this weekend, try being the bit word.

460064740_20230428_2135562.jpg.abbdad12c24154d55c1899d3af7cb5c4.jpg

Nice gun .I'd be interested  in the feedback. 

How high will the scope fit on that bullpup .? 

High scopes tend to make it tricky to hit closer range rats . So bullpups tend not to be the best choice . But it depends  on the ranges really .20 yds plus will be fine  

I fill it to 200 bar , and get six mags down to 100bar .

It all seems to work well, all i have done is apply some gun oil to the right places .

it came with two mags , a single shot tray , and an add on accessory rail , for under the stock.  Sling swivels included. 
Same size as an Ultra , but five times the shot count , and regulated .

Whats not to like ?

20 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Nice gun .I'd be interested  in the feedback. 

How high will the scope fit on that bullpup .? 

High scopes tend to make it tricky to hit closer range rats . So bullpups tend not to be the best choice . But it depends  on the ranges really .20 yds plus will be fine  

I got the photon on but not far enough back so I've got an order in at ant supplies for some bits and pieces. Don't really shoot under 20 yards that often.

The bottle can be filled to 250bar but I need to get my dive cylinder tested and refilled as its just dropped to a 225 fill. Shot count should be up in the 150-200 area from all accounts

9 hours ago, Longbower said:

I fill it to 200 bar , and get six mags down to 100bar .

It all seems to work well, all i have done is apply some gun oil to the right places .

it came with two mags , a single shot tray , and an add on accessory rail , for under the stock.  Sling swivels included. 
Same size as an Ultra , but five times the shot count , and regulated .

Whats not to like ?

6 x 14 shots from 200 bar to 100 is  84 shots  that doesn't sound a lot for 380 cc of air .is that correct ? 

My ultra clx is doing 60 shots for a 100 cc and that's in the sweet spot .

I think the quoted shot count for the myth is 150 in .177 which would seem OK for 380 cc 

4 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Are both these gun regulated? 

I like the looks of them both .

The Ixia is, guage for bottle and reg pressure. 

Not sure about the other one.

On 29/04/2023 at 09:12, Spr1985 said:

Nothing wrong with a change now and again, keeps us on our toes and keeps the ole grey matter going, hopefully you’ll get the photon on and post some videos of your exploits on the rats! Good luck 👍🏻

Mines the xt so don't do video although I believe it can be set up to a screen. I barely even get the phone out of my pocket these days to do photos. 

15 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

6 x 14 shots from 200 bar to 100 is  84 shots  that doesn't sound a lot for 380 cc of air .is that correct ? 

My ultra clx is doing 60 shots for a 100 cc and that's in the sweet spot .

I think the quoted shot count for the myth is 150 in .177 which would seem OK for 380 cc 

I didn't pay much attention too how low it was after 6 mags , but I will update accurately. the next time i have a 'plinking session '.

It probably wasn't as low as 100 to be fair.

Edited by Longbower

On 30/04/2023 at 13:56, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if I was to add up the cost of shooting rats over many years I reckon at least a tenner a rat 🤔🙄😁, now I'm looking for a very light weight 22 🤔😁

Hello, i kept telling myself I do not need another air rifle even 22 after I had my FX given a full service by Logunator which will last my lifetime but I got to tempted and purchased a P15 , why ? it's ****** light but not sure on the bullpup design yet 🤔, saying this there is a very good alternative in the modern 3 D stock, how you getting on with the Ixia ????

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 29/04/2023 at 22:05, Ultrastu said:

I looked at one of these today .I was quite impressed  .quite fancy the adjustable power level .

What power range do you get from yours .? 

Also what's the shot count from that 380 cc of air .?

The manufacture specs are quite low, 100/150 but I read 200 in 177 250 in 22, the latter about the same as my FX, 

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

🤔, how you getting on with the Ixia ????

The bits I ordered only came in yesterday, and I was in A&E till the early hours on Saturday morning, so not had a chance as yet. Hoping to get it sold sorted this week.

On 07/05/2023 at 10:10, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i kept telling myself I do not need another air rifle even 22 after I had my FX given a full service by Logunator which will last my lifetime but I got to tempted and purchased a P15 , why ? it's ****** light but not sure on the bullpup design yet 🤔, saying this there is a very good alternative in the modern 3 D stock, how you getting on with the Ixia ????

Hello, my P15 in 22 arrived yesterday with 2 tins of JSB Jumbo's , going to fit a Bob Pattenden 3D stock, this will be my new ratting rifle, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I nearly pressed go on a kral npo2 yesterday. So close .

But then I remembered the myth above and realised although it's more expensive it looks like a better more thought out version of the kral .

Longbower .let me know how you are getting on with it .with data please. 

I am thinking most pcp guns are about as good as each other, only my opinion. I have had loads and still got two many  but how they make a gun for £340 retail ( kral nop2) I don't know, I have a 22 one the only reason it's going for sale is I want a 177, I have five 22 pcp and they all hit the target pretty much the same, good luck with your choices. 

On 10/05/2023 at 18:57, Ultrastu said:

I nearly pressed go on a kral npo2 yesterday. So close .

But then I remembered the myth above and realised although it's more expensive it looks like a better more thought out version of the kral .

Longbower .let me know how you are getting on with it .with data please. 

Not sure what Data you require, but its my 'go too' gun because of the lightness and accuracy . The fiddly bit is the magazine, but thats probably my sausage

fingers.  I have two BSA Scorpions fac and sub , a HW110 , 95k .22 and .177, and the Myth has become my favourite rifle.  From the hide, or the car its just so handy.

It is regulated,  and so far very reliable.