Scope advice

Oldschool

I’ve got an Fac FX bobcat in .25 but having trouble zeroing it , I’m assuming it’s the scope that came with it not holding the zero , any suggestions on scopes up to about £100 ? There are so many on the market not sure which have a good reputation other than the obvious more expensive ones 

and if anyone knows of a favoured pellet brand for the rifle that would be handy ! 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

I’ve got an Fac FX bobcat in .25 but having trouble zeroing it , I’m assuming it’s the scope that came with it not holding the zero , any suggestions on scopes up to about £100 ? There are so many on the market not sure which have a good reputation other than the obvious more expensive ones 

and if anyone knows of a favoured pellet brand for the rifle that would be handy ! 

Thanks

Any of the Hawke / Nikko Sterling brands will be more than suitable. Hawke carry a lifetime guarantee too.
Here's one for sale: https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/435866-nikko-stirling-mountmaster-4-12x50-ao-ir-in-vgc/

Edited by steve_b_wales

Hi

If you may need to rely on warranty do check if it is to the original owner, with original receipt etc. or transferable.

On other Forums seems some people were not helped by Hawke...........just saying.

Leupold, Bushnell, Vortex, Minox? et al seem to hold the 'lifetime-warranty' no questions asked. 

L

Valiant Lynx 4x16x50 mildot side focus is what i have on my gunpower stealth .25  its at 40ft1lbs with 25grn pellets  as for pellets go onto ihunter website and get a few samples  every rifle will like different pellets and slugs

Edited by scarecrow243

Hello. I would highly recommend for your fac bobcat .jsb exact  25 grn pellets. Or the air arms /fx versions 

And for scopes .it would be the hawke airmax compact 4 - 16 x44  with amx reticle. 

These are very clear have excellent turrets  and the 16 x mag is perfect for your trajectory  .zero at 50 yds  on 16 x and your dots will be every 10 yds after up to 90 yds and the mid hash lines the 5 yd increments .so 55 65 75 etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2023 at 18:41, Loki said:

Hi

If you may need to rely on warranty do check if it is to the original owner, with original receipt etc. or transferable.

On other Forums seems some people were not helped by Hawke...........just saying.

Leupold, Bushnell, Vortex, Minox? et al seem to hold the 'lifetime-warranty' no questions asked. 

L

Never heard a bad thing said about hawke. Had a  airmax scope which was at least 12 years old went wrong , never had a receipt but offered me a new one for half price 

On 11/06/2023 at 17:56, Oldschool said:

I’ve got an Fac FX bobcat in .25 but having trouble zeroing it , I’m assuming it’s the scope that came with it not holding the zero , any suggestions on scopes up to about £100 ?

I have a Nikko Stirling 4-16x50 you can have for £100 (collected or + P&P)
It was on my Daystate .25 and then a .223 for a while.
Comes boxed with all the bits ... (not the flip cap, coasters or mounts/picatiny rail)

Where are you ?
I'm near Lanark, not far from Glasgow.

NSD_6.JPG.a430f985ea8fefefe423bfa2d0e61d18.JPG